iOS 8 Beta 2 for devs available for download. Bugs/Feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
So does this mean the next beta update won't be until around this time??

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

no Beta 1 was set to expire July 16 and it is ofcourse nowhere near that time. It gives people some room for some people who wont update to beta 2 (don't know why they woulnd't) or for whatever reason. The next beta should hopefully follow their usual pattern.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Photos app still has problems handling recorded videos. Longer videos (5+ minutes in length) take forever to start playing.
App crashes if you tap the screen while a video is playing.
Tapping share button on a longer video also takes ages before share options appear.

To view an 8 minute home movie on my phone, it's currently quicker to start iMovie, start a new project, add the video, and then view the project.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
no Beta 1 was set to expire July 16 and it is ofcourse nowhere near that time. It gives people some room for some people who wont update to beta 2 (don't know why they woulnd't) or for whatever reason. The next beta should hopefully follow their usual pattern.

I had to with iOS 7 beta 2, springboard had a memory leak even with a clean install and nothing else installed on my iPod touch. Had to downgrade to iOS 7 beta 1 to continue testing an app.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch (beta testing) using Tapatalk

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
New touch panel in Touch Assist in Accessibility. The Notification Center and Control Center have been added. I can't do a screenshot because the phone is still restoring.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
This seems to have fixed several issues that I experienced/reported to Apple from beta 1.

Settings respring is fixed.
Phantom app/page in Task Switcher is fixed.
Issue of being in Settings, going to another app and back to Settings takes you back to a different screen within Settings is fixed.
Issue where Calendar events displayed on LockScreen was "stale" - sometimes over a day old is fixed.
Bug Reporter issues also seem to be fixed.

Issue of "Favorites" being in reverse order on Task Switcher has not been changed/modified, but I have a feeling that is how it was designed. Still not right, IMHO, but it is what it is.

So far, I have not encountered anything new, but still playing with it.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
New touch panel in Touch Assist in Accessibility. The Notification Center and Control Center have been added. I can't do a screenshot because the phone is still restoring.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403033506.853017.jpg

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch (beta testing) or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
The split keyboard still doesn't work on my rMini. When I try to slide it somewhere on the screen it goes righ to the top of the screen and stays there.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
iOS 8 beta 2 was also released for the Apple TV 3

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch (beta testing) using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members