Not long after installing beta 2, my daughter called and I was unable to answer the call. The display went blank for a few seconds and then displayed the lock screen. It would not show the answer option. i had to call her back to talk to her. Thankfully, it hasn't happened since.
    Yeah today I got a Facetime and although the phone was ringing there was no phone interface to answer the call lol I had to reboot and call my wife back. Luckily I could message her from my Mac while rebooting.
    06-18-2014 03:39 PM
    Yeah today I got a Facetime and although the phone was ringing there was no phone interface to answer the call lol I had to reboot and call my wife back. Luckily I could message her from my Mac while rebooting.
    (Laughing)....Did you almost freak out like I did?
    06-18-2014 03:41 PM
    What was the result on the other end?
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    06-18-2014 03:54 PM
    I have to say beta 2 has been pretty stable for me on my 5th gen iPod touch, not quite ready to use on my 5S as a daily driver but it's getting there.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch (beta testing) using Tapatalk
    nikkisharif and Ipheuria like this.
    06-18-2014 07:47 PM
    It's asking for my icloud password every few hours and the microphone next to the space key disappears from time to time in some apps.

Somehow Tapatalk feels a lot slower with this beta, it takes a long time before threads will
    load.

Am I the only one experiencing this? I have a 5S (A1457)
    06-18-2014 07:52 PM
    It's asking for my icloud password every few hours and the microphone next to the space key disappears from time to time in some apps.
    Really? Hmmm, I wonder if a clean install would alleviate the problem.
    Somehow Tapatalk feels a lot slower with this beta, it takes a long time before threads willload.Am I the only one experiencing this? I have a 5S (A1457)
    In regard to Tapatalk, it's working in the manner it always has on my iPhone 5 running iOS 8 beta 2. I'm going to do a clean install in a few minutes because I have yet to get the Bug Reporter to work.
    06-18-2014 08:13 PM
    Really? Hmmm, I wonder if a clean install would alleviate the problem.

i did a clean install and put my backup back. Do you think somehow the bugs in beta 1 were imported that way? or that it is causing a lot issues?

This is my daily driver and it would cost me a lot of time and effort to get everything back to it's current state.
    06-18-2014 08:19 PM
    i did a clean install and put my backup back. Do you think somehow the bugs in beta 1 were imported that way? or that it is causing a lot issues?

This is my daily driver and it would cost me a lot of time and effort to get everything back to it's current state.
    It's possible, however, it is still beta software so it's not uncommon to experience quirks here and there as well as some that might not affect other devices. Having said that, unless you feel you downloaded a corrupt copy of beta 2, I would leave it as-is and deal with it.
    Ipheuria likes this.
    06-18-2014 08:26 PM
    It's possible, however, it is still beta software so it's not uncommon to experience quirks here and there as well as some that might not affect other devices. Having said that, unless you feel you downloaded a corrupt copy of beta 2, I would leave it as-is and deal with it.
    I'm planning on leaving it as-is. Beta 3 will be here in a month at most. I'm patient
    Just_Me_D and nikkisharif like this.
    06-18-2014 08:46 PM
    I rechecked my battery usage just today. Even just yesterday when I checked it was 24hours & 6 days just this morning when I rechecked it has changed from 24hours & 7 days

iPhone 5S using tapatalk
    06-18-2014 10:14 PM
    I rechecked my battery usage just today. Even just yesterday when I checked it was 24hours & 6 days just this morning when I rechecked it has changed from 24hours & 7 days http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/19/ryzatysy.jpg

iPhone 5S using tapatalk
    Same here. I guess it's a bug
    06-18-2014 11:04 PM

This is why I refuse to run any beta on my daily driver. Stuff can (usually does) go wrong at some point, and it IS your daily driver. Be smart. Don’t do it.
    06-18-2014 11:20 PM
    This is why I refuse to run any beta on my daily driver. Stuff can (usually does) go wrong at some point, and it IS your daily driver. Be smart. Dont do it.
    What kind of issues?
    Let's us all know then if they are the same issues we all have you will know it's a general thing if not then don't you think you did something wrong?

iPhone 5S using tapatalk
    06-18-2014 11:46 PM
    Just had a catastrophic failure, lol. Mail app would not open and most settings panel items were non-responsive. Data over wifi and LTE stopped working after a few hours too. Would work for a couple minutes after reboot, then stop again. Restore didn't work either, so I needed to do a DFU mode recovery. Hope this doesn't happen to anyone else!
    06-18-2014 11:48 PM
    Weather is not showing on my notification center , how do I turn it on?
    It wasn't there in beta 1 either. As of right now there isn't a way to turn it on. If it was available, you could pull down NC > click edit > & the weather option would be there,
    Ipheuria likes this.
    06-19-2014 12:14 AM
    I rechecked my battery usage just today. Even just yesterday when I checked it was 24hours & 6 days just this morning when I rechecked it has changed from 24hours & 7 days

iPhone 5S using tapatalk
    Same here
    06-19-2014 12:17 AM
    What kind of issues?
    Let's us all know then if they are the same issues we all have you will know it's a general thing if not then don't you think you did something wrong?
    Just had a catastrophic failure, lol. Mail app would not open and most settings panel items were non-responsive. Data over wifi and LTE stopped working after a few hours too. Would work for a couple minutes after reboot, then stop again. Restore didn't work either, so I needed to do a DFU mode recovery. Hope this doesn't happen to anyone else!
    This ^^^. Stuff happens,

Personally, I have had no major issues, so far. But some folks do. Some of them figure it out. Others freak out. My point is simply this: it’s beta. For a reason. It’s not ready for prime time yet. Just a word to the wise.
    06-19-2014 12:31 AM

iPhone 5S using tapatalk
    06-19-2014 12:46 AM
    It wasn't there in beta 1 either. As of right now there isn't a way to turn it on. If it was available, you could pull down NC > click edit > & the weather option would be there,
    Weather in NC works just fine here

Ps: temp is in Celsius. It's not like I live in Siberia or something 😂
    Last edited by yukhalilsel; 06-19-2014 at 06:56 AM.
    Ipheuria and nikkisharif like this.
    06-19-2014 05:25 AM
    Ok... Now my iPod says last 7 days...
    iOS 8 Beta 2 for devs available for download. Bugs/Feedback thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1403175310.583514.jpg

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch (beta testing) or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    06-19-2014 06:55 AM
    The weather has been there in both betas for me. Traffic wasn't there in beta 1 but it's back for me now.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    06-19-2014 07:02 AM
    When I pull down the NC go to edit I can't find any weather buh I just realized the weather appeared like this afternoon after I switched from wifi to my cellular data

iPhone 5S using tapatalk
    nikkisharif likes this.
    06-19-2014 07:03 AM
    Well, my iPhone 5s decided to kill its lock button and stopped working so i sent it in to Apple, and they were all surprised when they saw me with iOS 8 so they asked me to prove i was a developer so i did, and they shut up. haha.
    Anyway, now that i got a brand new replacement, i was shocked when i saw that it's come with iOS 7.0.4 so that means i'm going back to the jailbreak world for now, and leaving iOS 8 on my iPad's and my iPhone 5.
    Oh well, might come back in Beta 3 or 4
    See ya guys!
    06-19-2014 07:06 AM
    Well, my iPhone 5s decided to kill its lock button and stopped working so i sent it in to Apple, and they were all surprised when they saw me with iOS 8 so they asked me to prove i was a developer so i did, and they shut up. haha.
    Anyway, now that i got a brand new replacement, i was shocked when i saw that it's come with iOS 7.0.4 so that means i'm going back to the jailbreak world for now, and leaving iOS 8 on my iPad's and my iPhone 5.
    Oh well, might come back in Beta 3 or 4
    See ya guys!
    Nice

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch (beta testing) or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    06-19-2014 07:14 AM
    The keyboard is buggy, only sometimes it works. When I type autocorrect disappears; and the field where you type jumps as I type.

I had to keep entering my APN so that I'd have working service (tmobile).

Snapchat wont let me record video (camera).

On Instagram my uploading photos won't align properly.

Camera app will open but the screen will be black. Trying to use it from the lockscreen is out of the question.
    06-19-2014 07:44 AM
449 ... 7891011 ...