iOS 8 Beta 2 for devs available for download. Bugs/Feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc Z

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Back to ios7 for me. Way too many crazy things like touch screen not responding at all, power buttons not working, etc

jordb22

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I have this beta on my iPad and I haven't touched it in a few days. I came back it it and I have a lovely message saying my storage is full. Well I know this is a load of crap cause there are only 9 apps on it and thats it. It says there is 11GB of other....is anyone else having this issue and does anyone have any suggestions as to how to fix this until the next beta comes out...I'm hoping this is just a bug with the beta.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
That's new..
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403695895.379777.jpg
I wonder where it's getting that info from?

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch (beta testing) or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Andrew Rossetti

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
I've noticed quite a bit of lag in Beta 2 on the iPod Touch that I'm testing on. Several apps and OS features themselves have just been slow to respond or experiencing random freezes. I didn't notice this nearly as much on the first beta.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed quite a bit of lag in Beta 2 on the iPod Touch that I'm testing on. Several apps and OS features themselves have just been slow to respond or experiencing random freezes. I didn't notice this nearly as much on the first beta.

Mine doesn't have too much lag but if I open more than 1 app then the lag gets worse.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch (beta testing) or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

VladP

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone, a few questions if anyone has a clue...

1. With categories being different, will apple allow developers to update to the new categories without a binary code submission?
For example Games>Sports>Basketball - this is regarding the new explorer tab subcategories

2. Will apple allow developers to update video promos without having to submit new binary code to the market?

3. Can a user initiate video promo from the search results page, or will they have to go to the app profile page?

Cheers

Natt Moore

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
New Soundcloud version 3.0.0 not working with beta 2, force closes upon opening. Anyone else experiencing this?

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

iknrisms

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
New Soundcloud version 3.0.0 not working with beta 2, force closes upon opening. Anyone else experiencing this?

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Yes and so disappointing. Finally SoundCloud gets a much needed update and I can't use it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wickedone82

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
sorry if it has been posted before but i dont have enough energy to read through this thread from top to bottom.
So does any else have the issue where if you play a song from the music player that it stops after the first song then takes you back to the song list? its very annoying since i used my phone for music 70% of the day and having to open the music app click next song every time is very cumbersome.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I've been noticing that the lockscreen becomes unresponsive to touch inputs after long periods of inactivity when you receive a notification or call (FaceTime in my case).

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch (beta testing) using Tapatalk

Rockee

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
iOS 8 Beta 2 - Messaging Bug

I am a frequent user of group messaging and noticed they have either removed features or I am missing something. I've talked with my best friend Google and apparently no one is having this issue? :confused:

Beta 1 - Swipe down to change the "Subject"/Group Name
Beta 2 - Not an option

Beta 1 - Option to leave a group
Beta 2 - Not an option

This is with new groups, I have a few old ones that show the "Subject", but no option to change it. I do get a pop-up every once in awhile that says;
"New Message from John Bug
To view this message , turn on Data Roaming in Cellular Settings you have a total of 87 unviewed MMS messages."

This is turned on in my case. :sarcastic:

Anyone else reproduce this or have suggestions?

Thanks,

Rockee

matthewjagiela

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: iOS 8 Beta 2 - Messaging Bug

I am a frequent user of group messaging and noticed they have either removed features or I am missing something. I've talked with my best friend Google and apparently no one is having this issue? :confused:

Beta 1 - Swipe down to change the "Subject"/Group Name
Beta 2 - Not an option

Beta 1 - Option to leave a group
Beta 2 - Not an option

I'm not sure what you mean about the subject swipe in beta 1 but you can still name a group chat and leave a group chat in Beta 2 by pressing details in the top right of the status bar then swiping down to get top the top to enter the subject and swiping up to get to the bottom of the list to leave. I don't know if leaving works because of server things but thats what I found if it's any help to you.

Rockee

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site

Strange, I am unable to name a group and I do not see the option to leave the group (swiping up and down). I've erased the iPhone and installed Beta 2 again, but having the same issues plus additional messaging issues.

ehlthh.jpg

s2f6nd.jpg

2ajzupk.jpg

Only thing I haven't done is start from scratch, was wondering if others had the same issues.

matthewjagiela

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site

Strange, I am unable to name a group and I do not see the option to leave the group (swiping up and down). I've erased the iPhone and installed Beta 2 again, but having the same issues plus additional messaging issues.

Only thing I haven't done is start from scratch, was wondering if others had the same issues.

Interesting, mine looks like this (I cropped out my contacts because they have pictures associated with them and I didn't want to photoshop)
IMG_0081.jpgIMG_0082.PNG
It could be something with international or the device you are running. I am personally running on an iPhone 5s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro