iOS 8 Beta 2 Waiting room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Another +1 the first beta of iOS 8 has been way better than the first beta of iOS 7 was last year. Especially considering all the new stuff that they put in it. I'm not sure how other people are loading up the beta and maybe reloading might fix the horrible experience. It might also depend on hardware too. In the end it's a beta so it's supposed to break things I just find it better than beta 1 on iOS 7.

anon(1157152)

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I completely disagree. iOS 8 beta 1 has decent battery life, and I get a springboard crash going into Settings the first time after it?s been a while. Otherwise, it?s been remarkably stable for me. Very few app issues, as well, though that is totally out of scope for Apple/beta iOS. The few other issues seem to have cleared up, or at least are not bothersome, IMHO.

Ok, Cupertino, hit me with beta 2.

Same with me. iPhone 5S.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm expecting it to come out today also. And I hope it is stable compared to Beta 1

The betas usually get more stable over time, usually by beta 5 or so they are pretty stable and able to nearly be run as the daily driver (except for possibly a few apps that have yet to be updated)

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Another +1 the first beta of iOS 8 has been way better than the first beta of iOS 7 was last year. Especially considering all the new stuff that they put in it. I'm not sure how other people are loading up the beta and maybe reloading might fix the horrible experience. It might also depend on hardware too. In the end it's a beta so it's supposed to break things I just find it better than beta 1 on iOS 7.

I know, I did a clean install on my iPod touch and not had stability issues.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch (beta testing) using Tapatalk

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Apple made a joke of us huh? Lol all the hype for beta 2 to be out today all the news surrounding it. They must've had a good laugh haha

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Apple made a joke of us huh? Lol all the hype for beta 2 to be out today all the news surrounding it. They must've had a good laugh haha

I'm sure Apple screws around with things like betas just to have a laugh over it. *eyeroll* They get a good enough laugh when they look at their pile of endless cash.

They release stuff when they say it's ready. Not because they want to prove users wrong. I hardly think they give two cacas that many of us were targeting this day for beta 2.

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
lol you never know if you watch the WWDC they do have a sense of humor and they do like keeping dates private lol

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
This is the first time I've downloaded and installed a beta. Will it update in the same way that the normal OS updates or will I have to download beta 2 via my computer and install it via iTunes in the same way I installed beta 1 please?

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Ios 6 and 7 beta updates were ready to download from in the phone so i am guessing ios 8 will be the same way

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

I thought this was pretty funny give the guy a little slack. It's not like he was ultra serious about it. I thought it was funny to think that I backed up my devices waiting for it to drop.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
This is the first time I've downloaded and installed a beta. Will it update in the same way that the normal OS updates or will I have to download beta 2 via my computer and install it via iTunes in the same way I installed beta 1 please?

Like Karenkcoulter said it really depends on how Apple puts it out. The download will usually drop first and then a little while after the OTA will be available. You just gotta kind of wait and see until everyone starts going crazy about it being available.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
This almost reminds me of CrackBerry and waiting for all those Storm OS leaks. ;) LOL

How so?

One is a paid developers program devised, developed, and managed by apple. The other, well, the word amateur comes to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.