I read an article earlier that stated that Apple Maps was still too much of a mess to even be mentioned at WWDC. What do you think about that? Personally, Apple Maps have served me well. I find it fast, detailed and smooth with iOS 8 beta 1. What are your recent experiences and/or views regarding Apple Maps?
    06-09-2014 09:53 AM
    I have used Maps ever since it was released and I have had no issues..... Did they state in detail on what was wrong, that maybe I am over looking some things?
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-09-2014 10:03 AM
    I have used Maps ever since it was released and I have had no issues..... Did they state in detail on what was wrong, that maybe I am over looking some things?
    Not really. The article stated that the new features that were originally suppose to have been announced during WWDC were not ready, and many of the developers who had been working on them are no longer with the company. The alleged "mess", as I understand it, is basically from not having improvements to it.
    06-09-2014 10:18 AM
    Agreed. They mostly work for me and have no more errors than Google maps.
    kch50428 and Just_Me_D like this.
    06-09-2014 10:44 AM
    Completely replaced google maps for me.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-09-2014 04:04 PM
    I've used Apple Maps since it was introduced and it has worked well for me. It hasn't been perfect but has suited me well. Although I do like the experience of Google Maps on my Note 3 a lot better.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-09-2014 04:12 PM
    I like Google Maps but Apple Maps is just as good. Google has been in the mapping business for a much longer time though.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-09-2014 04:12 PM
    I've used Apple maps since it was released and I haven't had any problems.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-09-2014 05:21 PM
    There are a ton of issue's with Apple maps, it's not even close to Google, or waze in accuracy, the above posts defy logic!
    serglb and Just_Me_D like this.
    06-09-2014 10:01 PM
    There are a ton of issue's with Apple maps, it's not even close to Google, or waze in accuracy, the above posts defy logic!
    If anything, the above posts may defy your personal experience.......Believe it or not, there are those of us who have had little to no problems with Apple maps and are content with using it.
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    06-09-2014 10:32 PM
    I too have been using Apple maps from the beginning and it has always taken me to my destination with no problems.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    06-11-2014 02:53 PM
    lol
    06-11-2014 07:17 PM
    where i live, in the city it works great

county roads are another story. failed me a few times TBH
    06-11-2014 07:22 PM
    Only reason I have to use Google maps now is to get a route without tolls, hopefully apple adds that feature in the next version of maps. I don't care that much about transit apps as "there is an app for that"

Back to the OP - Apple has constantly fixed issues in the maps in the background. There has not been a major software push if that is what you meant but I have seen it has gotten better over time in terms of exact location of some of the points of interest that I have checked.
    Les74 likes this.
    06-17-2014 10:46 AM
    I use it regularly.
    I also search for a store on it.
    Once it locates it I can easily add it to my contacts with a couple of clicks.
    Good Luck
    06-17-2014 10:02 PM
    I love apple maps but I can't say it improved yet. Once I see transit (my most needed feature ) I'll be satisfied.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 😁
    06-18-2014 07:43 PM
    I still use Google Maps as my preferred choice. For me, Apple Maps is great if I know the address of where I'm going but it doesn't work as well when I search for a business. It's about 50/50 & I search for businesses more than I use actual addresses.

Edit: And with all the traveling I do, Apple Maps isn't too useful in all states especially in newer areas.
    06-19-2014 01:06 AM
    Still haven't seen any issues with Apple maps.
    06-19-2014 03:26 AM
    Apple Maps doesn't work here in India.
    And I doubt even when they start supporting India they'll be as good as Google maps that's because even google hasn't perfected here in India yet because of the complexity of Indian roads although they are pretty reliable now.
    But honestly I hope that apple realises soon the importance of Indian public(because apple always underestimates India and everything is launched so late by apple here ) because there is a lot of potential here.
    06-21-2014 03:41 PM
    No out of all of them they are still the worse mapping apps out there and won't get any better. They will probably remove them from iOS 8. Lol. Just kidding and have a bit of fun. I use them all the time. Well now I have Nav built into my new car so I use them not so much. Still a great app.
    06-21-2014 04:00 PM
    Only reason I have to use Google maps now is to get a route without tolls, hopefully apple adds that feature in the next version of maps. I don't care that much about transit apps as "there is an app for that"

Back to the OP - Apple has constantly fixed issues in the maps in the background. There has not been a major software push if that is what you meant but I have seen it has gotten better over time in terms of exact location of some of the points of interest that I have checked.
    Agreed. The avoiding tolls option is the only reason I'm still using Google maps.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums app
    06-21-2014 04:05 PM
    I have had many issues with Apple Maps taking me longer routes to places, it still is my primary maps application though.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-21-2014 05:45 PM
    I still find google maps better in small towns than Apple maps but in large cities I would say they are both good. Apple maps is defiantly improving though.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch (beta testing) using Tapatalk
    06-22-2014 08:52 AM
    Using apple maps extensively in Europe. Prefer it to google maps, especially with drastic poi improvements.
    06-25-2014 05:37 PM
    When there was the whole brouhaha about Apple Maps, I took out my BlackBerry, SGII, and my iPhone 4s. I tested several addresses and all three devices came up with the same routes. I never understood the drama. Granted, I don't live in a remote area, but I think the whole drama was simply that, drama. I had no issues whatsoever. It felt like fans of other platforms seizing on an opportunity to pile on isolated instances of errors.
    Speedygi likes this.
    06-26-2014 05:51 AM
26 12