I dont like that Tim Cook compares apple OSes with android and windows at their events. cause no one really gives a **** about them once they're on ios. i think it really takes from the event. am I the only person that thinks this way?
    06-07-2014 12:24 PM
    I think it's perfectly acceptable to compare Operating Systems to other Operating Systems. Every platform has its own strengths and in the end when companies compete, we the consumers win.
    John Yester likes this.
    06-07-2014 12:26 PM
    I dont like that Tim Cook compares apple OSes with android and windows at their events. cause no one really gives a **** about them once they're on ios. i think it really takes from the event. am I the only person that thinks this way?
    He was simply stating facts. The point is that there is much more consistency across the iOS world that in the Android world, especially in terms of fragmentation. The fact that on Android, not every device - even the NEW ones, are guaranteed to have the latest candy coated OS from Android. Thats a fact. Its also true that developing apps for a single platform is much easier and quicker than having to tweak the app for multiple versions of the OS, as in the Android world. Its also a fact that this statement was made to developers at a developer conference.

And I was not at all upset, disappointed or put off by those comments. He didnt park the truck there. He hit it and moved on. He was just rallying the troops, IMO.
    agarwal.apar likes this.
    06-07-2014 12:28 PM
    Everyone should give a ... **** .... about windows, and Android and BB 10, even if they have an iPhone. Competition breeds better products. Many of the great features we're seeing are inspired by the competitions' contributions.

Besides, WWDC is targeted at Developers. They need incentive, or assurance, that they're investing time on the right platform.
    unstoppablekem likes this.
    06-07-2014 12:43 PM
    We think alike. He could play it another way without adding those craps device making names into his presentation. For me it's like comparing something original to something fake where as original should be compare to original. These are some of the reasons why I miss Sir Steve.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    06-07-2014 01:30 PM
    I think you're the only person that thinks that way. I personally like it when they bash Android and Windows
    the_tech_eater and SmartFah like this.
    06-07-2014 10:15 PM
    These ppl that are complaining need their heads checked! He never bashed android. He stated facts. It's a fact that only 9% of android devices run the latest OS. And it's a fact that it causes very poor security in android, and makes it harder to develop apps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DroidArmy likes this.
    06-07-2014 10:26 PM
    I think you're the only person that thinks that way. I personally like it when they bash Android and Windows
    I love it too! They are always spot on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DroidArmy likes this.
    06-07-2014 10:26 PM
    I don't see the point of these comparisons anymore. Everyone knows how iOS updates their operating system singularly while Android is fragmented...

Pointless to point out the obvious, if you ask me..
    06-08-2014 06:10 AM
    I don't see the point of these comparisons anymore. Everyone knows how iOS updates their operating system singularly while Android is fragmented...

Pointless to point out the obvious, if you ask me..
    I disagree. The numbers are poignant but for good reason. TC is just correcting maket-share fallacies where android oem's report sell-in vs apple's sell-through.

89% ios7 > 9% android kit kat.

As a developer what's the point in writing for kit kat and only reaching 9% of the android user base.
    06-08-2014 06:25 AM
    I disagree. The numbers are poignant but for good reason. TC is just correcting maket-share fallacies where android oem's report sell-in vs apple's sell-through.

89% ios7 > 9% android kit kat.

As a developer what's the point in writing for kit kat and only reaching 9% of the android user base.

But everyone knows that at this point...it's beating the old gong again...
    06-08-2014 06:27 AM
    But everyone knows that at this point...it's beating the old gong again...
    Do remember the number isn't static and neither is the industry. Secondly androids fragmentation is getting worse not better,

For developers it's not a "gong", but more of a debrief on the state of the industry.

This years it seems to have hit a nerve.
    06-08-2014 06:39 AM
    I recon cause he wants to compare different operating systems and let the consumer know how much better apple is lol

Sent from my iPhone 5S
    using Tapatalk
    06-08-2014 06:47 AM
    I kind of understand the Android bashing. He's making the pitch that you should develop for iOS first since there are more people using one OS compared to Android, which is more fragmented. What I don't understand is bashing Windows. Like, no matter how he tries to spin it, that 14% of Windows users still destroys OS X's user base. I think it's more telling that more of the user base didn't update to a free OS, but over 3x as many people paid $100 for a new OS (even if it's included in the computer).

Either way, I find it funny when these companies all bash each other. IMO, Tim Cook's insults seemed.... weird and not as funny as Apple jabs have been in the past, but that's just me.
    06-08-2014 10:15 PM
    its marketing. you extol the virtues of your product while painting the competition as inferior. they all do it.

here's an example from a competitor.

and I also think Tim is right. android is a fragmented clunky OS with poor security and malware.

he could also have mentioned the bloatware, and other things too.
    serglb likes this.
    06-08-2014 11:12 PM
    After watching the launch of the Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung did exactly the same with Apple.

It's just a game of one-upmanship that these major tech companies play and I usually take those moments in the presentation to freshen my mug of coffee.
    06-09-2014 12:24 PM
    At least he didn't make android and windows look ancient like they did RIM.

06-09-2014 01:38 PM
    At least he didn't make android and windows look ancient like they did RIM.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/10/sy4azuby.jpg
    I remember being so happy when this Curve 8300 first came out. I got it launch day. I finally was able to MMS.
    06-09-2014 05:55 PM
    i agree they are right on, but since Tim Cook like android and windows more than I do, i think he should leave it out. doesnt look professional.
    06-09-2014 11:52 PM
    yeah thanks
    10-07-2014 11:44 PM
    cause no one really gives a **** about them once they're on ios.
    This might be the worst post I've ever read. Phone evangelizing is pathetic and competition is great for the consumer.
    10-08-2014 11:02 PM
    am I the only person that thinks this way?
    Yes.
    10-09-2014 12:10 PM