Does anyone else hate the contact bubbles that appear at the top of the app-switcher screen? They are God awful and really I find no use for them.

What are your thoughts?? Also, does anyone know if this can be switched off?

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    06-05-2014 11:45 PM
    I am not a big fan but can live with it. I could be wrong, but it seems like the multitask screen pulls up faster with iOS 8, which is nice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    06-06-2014 12:15 AM
    yeah i hate it, especially since it syncs contacts from all your devices. hopefully they have a way to disable it in the future
    06-06-2014 12:19 AM
    I actually find it useful. Been working well for me.
    BLiNK and tack like this.
    06-06-2014 12:37 AM
    yeah i hate it, especially since it syncs contacts from all your devices. hopefully they have a way to disable it in the future
    I actually find it useful. Been working well for me.
    I noticed that too. My wife and I share contacts. Now my Task Switcher “recents” show all of her calls, texts, etc. Grrr.
    06-06-2014 01:04 AM
    Does it only show "recents"?
    06-06-2014 01:25 AM
    Does it only show "recents"?
    When you double tap the home button, you see the Task Switcher screen. Across the top are a list of circular icons with contact’s photos or initials. The initial display shows seven "recents" across the screen from left to right of the most recent 7 contacts with whom you have interacted (text or phone call). You are actually only able to see about 4 icons, but you can scroll to the right to see the remaining “recents”.

However, if you scroll left from that initial screen, you see the “favorites". There are actually 10 icons representing your favorites. The thing that I don’t like is that when you scroll left from the initial screen, and away from the “recents”, the “favorites" are in reverse order - meaning that the right-most in the “favorite" row is actually the TOP/FIRST favorite in your list. Scrolling farther to the left effectively takes you “down” your the list of favorites in the order they appear in the phone app. I would prefer them to be listed LEFT to RIGHT representing TOP to BOTTOM. But I can see how it might be a usability thing - scrolling away from the center point.

The neat thing about these icons is that they are links to the contact. When you tap one, you get an expanded horizontal “menu” (for lack of a better term) with actionable icons for phone calls to each phone number listed in the contact profile (home, work, mobile, etc); an icon representing a text message and another icon representing FaceTime, if that’s appropriate).

Hopefully I described it well enough.
    Last edited by HankAZ; 06-06-2014 at 02:49 AM.
    06-06-2014 02:29 AM
    I can't stand it. Give us the option to turn it off.
    BreakingKayfabe and iknrisms like this.
    06-06-2014 02:45 PM
    If they want to make a shortcut for that then they should make a toggle in Control Center that brings up those contacts.
    iknrisms likes this.
    06-06-2014 04:27 PM
    I noticed that too. My wife and I share contacts. Now my Task Switcher recents show all of her calls, texts, etc. Grrr.
    Probably shouldn't be happening unless you have the same iCloud account.
    06-06-2014 04:46 PM
    If they want to make a shortcut for that then they should make a toggle in Control Center that brings up those contacts.
    I actually like the fact that it's in the multitasking menu. It looks cool in my opinion.
    gazoo2010 likes this.
    06-06-2014 04:47 PM
    I actually like the fact that it's in the multitasking menu. It looks cool in my opinion.
    For me it doesn't because I'm not one to have pictures for contacts. So it looks really bland with each circle containing two letters.
    06-06-2014 05:48 PM
    For me it doesn't because I'm not one to have pictures for contacts. So it looks really bland with each circle containing two letters.
    I don't use pictures either. I still like it though.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    06-06-2014 05:49 PM
    Probably shouldn't be happening unless you have the same iCloud account.
    Umm, yeah, that's the essence of "sharing contacts". Duh.
    Last edited by HankAZ; 06-06-2014 at 06:24 PM.
    06-06-2014 05:54 PM
    I like it. Has come in handy for sending a quick message to a frequent contact.... Not really intrusive since its on the multitasking......
    06-06-2014 06:14 PM
    I wouldn't mind a toggle...

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch (beta testing) using Tapatalk
    iknrisms likes this.
    06-06-2014 07:51 PM
    Umm, yeah, that's the essence of "sharing contacts". Duh.
    Too bad Apple doesn't give a choice of what to sync.
    06-06-2014 11:51 PM

The thing that I don’t like is that when you scroll left from the initial screen, and away from the “recents”, the “favorites" are in reverse order - meaning that the right-most in the “favorite" row is actually the TOP/FIRST favorite in your list. Scrolling farther to the left effectively takes you “down” your the list of favorites in the order they appear in the phone app. I would prefer them to be listed LEFT to RIGHT representing TOP to BOTTOM. But I can see how it might be a usability thing - scrolling away from the center point.
    It doesn't bother me as much but I do like how it shows right to left as meaning top to bottom since that's where the scrolling starts. I think it would drive me nuts if I had to scroll all the way left to see my first favorite
    06-07-2014 01:57 AM
    I'm excited to try it and I admit to liking it almost only because it looks cool in demo. I'm just not sure it will actually be practical or useful. Sort of like the tabs in Notification Center.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    06-08-2014 11:03 AM
    It doesn't bother me as much but I do like how it shows right to left as meaning top to bottom since that's where the scrolling starts. I think it would drive me nuts if I had to scroll all the way left to see my first favorite
    After a week, I am used to how it works. Still prefer it to work the other way, but I can live with it this way, too.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    06-08-2014 11:17 AM
    I'm excited to try it and I admit to liking it almost only because it looks cool in demo. I'm just not sure it will actually be practical or useful. Sort of like the tabs in Notification Center.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It just depends on how you use your phone. I use favorites often so it's convenient for them to be in the app switcher. As far a recent contacts go, I can do without because my recents are in my call log & shown at the top of messages.
    06-08-2014 06:24 PM
    I am not a big fan but can live with it. I could be wrong, but it seems like the multitask screen pulls up faster with iOS 8, which is nice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    What I've noticed is it doesn't necessarily "pull up" faster as it lags for like a quick second then jumps to the screen. When you double-tap the Home button, the multitask screen waits, then quickly pulls you into it. It's barely noticeable but when you do realize it, it sticks out like sore thumb. Seems like Apple can't figure out what to do with the switcher (fast vs. slow animation, "dissolving" by turning off the parallax, etc.)

06-09-2014 08:37 PM
    I don't use pictures either. I still like it though.
    Haha even with photos it looks horrible, IMO.

06-09-2014 08:38 PM
    That I wouldn't be against.

06-09-2014 08:39 PM
    Maybe even if they moved them to the bottom and the multitask screen up. It just doesn't look right. Or maybe it's lacking something like your Widget information at the bottom in conjunction. It just seems weird to me.

06-09-2014 08:40 PM
26 12