Mail App and passcode protecting apps question

thatotherdude24

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
For this of you who have more knowledge of iOS 8 than I do or have the beta version....

One of my biggest needs from an iPhone is the ability to store documents on my phone and attach them via the built in mail app. I know there are currently ways to do this but you have to do it from within a different app. Is attaching documents from within the mail app possible on iOS 8?

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
For this of you who have more knowledge of iOS 8 than I do or have the beta version....

One of my biggest needs from an iPhone is the ability to store documents on my phone and attach them via the built in mail app. I know there are currently ways to do this but you have to do it from within a different app. Is attaching documents from within the mail app possible on iOS 8?

As of now that option is still unavailable:(

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Maybe they will allow us to save docs to iCloud Drive and attach them into mail just as you can with photos/videos.

I was thinking the exact same thing. You have to figure that since most other apps (Dropbox, Box, etc.) allow the emailing of documents, iCloud Drive logically should, too.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
It seems like with the new extensibility, or whatever they called it, may be able to solve this issue

thatotherdude24

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Off topic but without having to create a whole new thread does anybody know if locking certain apps will be possible in iOS 8?