Which 3rd Party Keyboard will you choose?

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Before writing off the new 3rd Party keyboards people should really give them a chance and more than for just a day. To use something like Swiftkey to its full potential you really need to learn and tweak the settings to make it best for you. Also you can have it scan Facebook, twitter, gmail, SMS, etc etc. and have them add all that content you have typed to your dictionary. After using it for about a week or a little longer it will pick up on your common words and phrases and really start knowing your predictions to the point that it is scary. Stock iOS keyboard is good and I have used it extensively, but it can't touch the predictions/customization on Swiftkey, if you are a fast typist on stock give Swiftkey a chance to learn and you will be even faster. Oh and cloud saving in Swiftkey is a nice feature too.

So what your saying you can scan old text convos so it can learn how you throw your jib

That's cool I will have to check that out

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
So what your saying you can scan old text convos so it can learn how you throw your jib

That's cool I will have to check that out

At least for Android. I imagine it will carry over it is a big selling point. Here are the available things to scan. They may add more for ios.

ಠ益ಠ

Attachments

• 41032.jpg
    41032.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 41029.jpg
    41029.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 37

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Before writing off the new 3rd Party keyboards people should really give them a chance and more than for just a day. To use something like Swiftkey to its full potential you really need to learn and tweak the settings to make it best for you. Also you can have it scan Facebook, twitter, gmail, SMS, etc etc. and have them add all that content you have typed to your dictionary. After using it for about a week or a little longer it will pick up on your common words and phrases and really start knowing your predictions to the point that it is scary. Stock iOS keyboard is good and I have used it extensively, but it can't touch the predictions/customization on Swiftkey, if you are a fast typist on stock give Swiftkey a chance to learn and you will be even faster. Oh and cloud saving in Swiftkey is a nice feature too.

I gave it a good try on Android & it just doesn't work that great for me. For emails its cool because I'm typing in a formal fashion but in my casual word, no. Maybe it just doesn't understand Patois or Creole but stock has proven to be much closer for me.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I gave it a good try on Android & it just doesn't work that great for me. For emails its cool because I'm typing in a formal fashion but in my casual word, no. Maybe it just doesn't understand Patois or Creole but stock has proven to be much closer for me.

You speak Creole. Are you Cape Verdean?

Davingtons

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
I'll probably stay with the stock one as I can type well with it. I'll try others out though and see how they go.

I've used swype style keyboards before, and although I like them, I always go back to the stock keyboard in the end.

williamsbh76

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm not familiar with any of them but definitely want to try them out. Isn't one of them similar to BlackBerry's Z10 virtual keyboard?

logvkp

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm thinking about one of the swiping keyboards. The iphone is a bit small and these will probably speed up my typing and lower my mistakes. I'm leaning more toward Swiftkey

Paul Ellis1

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Really can't wait to get swiftkey on here. Tried a few different ones while having a recent stint on android and that was by far the best one for me. I will definitely give the stick keyboard a fair go first

Sent from my iPhone 5c

bestnanaof2

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm chomping at the bit to try Swype on iOS!

I still use a Droid and have been a holdout for iPhone because they NEVER had Swype - I'm a Swype addict and can type using it faster than the speed of light. I will be making the move to iPhone with the new 6 in the fall. Never thought I'd switch. :lips-sealed:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal