I've been reading up on the most popular choses and I will still consider sticking with the new stock keyboard for iOS 8.

But I am leaning towards Fleksy with its dark clean design
    Swype for me. I can't wait for it. One of the few things I like about Android is Swype. Makes emailing and texting so much better.
    kataran likes this.
    06-04-2014 11:12 PM
    I asked the following in another thread but didn't a definite answer:

Which Keyboard was used in the presentation the allows one to use handwriting in the lower half of the screen?

TIA
    06-04-2014 11:35 PM
    I actually like the stock keyboard. I just wish the keys would reflect upper/lower case to show which you are in.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    06-05-2014 01:15 AM
    I loved Google keyboard on my moto x and if that's ported over, I'll probably use that one

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums app
    kataran likes this.
    06-05-2014 02:28 AM
    Flesky isn't working for me. I still don't know how to use it, but I think when other devs release keyboards I will definitely try them out and then see which one I like best, although I am leaning towards SwiftKey
    Last edited by 123gettothechopper; 06-05-2014 at 03:42 AM. Reason: Typo
    kataran likes this.
    06-05-2014 03:41 AM
    I'll probably use the stock keyboard mostly but I will experiment with swift key.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    kataran likes this.
    06-05-2014 04:28 AM
    Stock, Swiftkey and Swype
    kataran likes this.
    06-05-2014 08:00 AM
    Stock... Maybe blacked out one if someone makes it.
    kataran likes this.
    06-05-2014 08:21 AM

Which Keyboard was used in the presentation the allows one to use handwriting in the lower half of the screen?

TIA
    That looked like one of the stock keyboards for a character-based language, possibly kanji
    TurboTiger likes this.
    06-05-2014 08:44 AM

TIA

Chinese handwrite keyboard.
    kataran likes this.
    06-05-2014 09:55 AM
    Have being using iPhone since 2007 so I'm used to the stock keyboard. I'm one of those person who can type without looking so I think I will stick to the same.
    kataran likes this.
    06-05-2014 02:00 PM
    I want to experiment with all of the choices when iOS 8 is released to the public.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    kataran and Premium1 like this.
    06-05-2014 02:29 PM
    Those sticking with the stock keyboard.... have you ever used Swiftkey or Swipe?
    Yep. I've had a few Android devices, so I tried both. The stock keyboard usually picks up the way I type better than Swype or Swiftkey.
    06-05-2014 03:26 PM
    I've been reading up on the most popular choses and I will still consider sticking with the new stock keyboard for iOS 8.

But I am leaning towards Fleksy with its dark clean design
    Before writing off the new 3rd Party keyboards people should really give them a chance and more than for just a day. To use something like Swiftkey to its full potential you really need to learn and tweak the settings to make it best for you. Also you can have it scan Facebook, twitter, gmail, SMS, etc etc. and have them add all that content you have typed to your dictionary. After using it for about a week or a little longer it will pick up on your common words and phrases and really start knowing your predictions to the point that it is scary. Stock iOS keyboard is good and I have used it extensively, but it can't touch the predictions/customization on Swiftkey, if you are a fast typist on stock give Swiftkey a chance to learn and you will be even faster. Oh and cloud saving in Swiftkey is a nice feature too.
    Premium1, kataran and ladyc0524 like this.
    06-05-2014 04:56 PM
    I will test out some that come out, and whichever I like the best is which I will choose.
    06-05-2014 05:19 PM
    I'm so used and comfortable with the stock keyboard and I won't try to fix what isn't broken. So I will still go with stock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    06-05-2014 05:21 PM
    Before writing off the new 3rd Party keyboards people should really give them a chance and more than for just a day. To use something like Swiftkey to its full potential you really need to learn and tweak the settings to make it best for you. Also you can have it scan Facebook, twitter, gmail, SMS, etc etc. and have them add all that content you have typed to your dictionary. After using it for about a week or a little longer it will pick up on your common words and phrases and really start knowing your predictions to the point that it is scary. Stock iOS keyboard is good and I have used it extensively, but it can't touch the predictions/customization on Swiftkey, if you are a fast typist on stock give Swiftkey a chance to learn and you will be even faster. Oh and cloud saving in Swiftkey is a nice feature too.
    So what your saying you can scan old text convos so it can learn how you throw your jib

That's cool I will have to check that out
    06-05-2014 06:01 PM
    So what your saying you can scan old text convos so it can learn how you throw your jib

That's cool I will have to check that out
    At least for Android. I imagine it will carry over it is a big selling point. Here are the available things to scan. They may add more for ios.

ಠ益ಠ
    Attached Thumbnails Which 3rd Party Keyboard will you choose?-41032.jpg   Which 3rd Party Keyboard will you choose?-41029.jpg  
    06-05-2014 06:30 PM
    Swiftkey for me.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    06-05-2014 06:35 PM
    I gave it a good try on Android & it just doesn't work that great for me. For emails its cool because I'm typing in a formal fashion but in my casual word, no. Maybe it just doesn't understand Patois or Creole but stock has proven to be much closer for me.
    06-05-2014 06:45 PM
    I gave it a good try on Android & it just doesn't work that great for me. For emails its cool because I'm typing in a formal fashion but in my casual word, no. Maybe it just doesn't understand Patois or Creole but stock has proven to be much closer for me.
    You speak Creole. Are you Cape Verdean?
    nikkisharif likes this.
    06-05-2014 06:52 PM
    At least for Android. I imagine it will carry over it is a big selling point. Here are the available things to scan. They may add more for ios.

ಠ益ಠ
    I like this feature I will give it a chance
    06-05-2014 06:53 PM
    You speak Creole. Are you Cape Verdean?
    No. I have a bunch of Haitian cousins & growing up with them them I learned to speak it.

Edit: I hear Cape Verde is a beautiful place
    kataran likes this.
    06-05-2014 06:59 PM
    That looked like one of the stock keyboards for a character-based language, possibly kanji
    Tks rayz
    06-05-2014 07:13 PM
    Tks for the info The_ colombian
    Good Luck
    06-05-2014 07:15 PM
77 1234