I am completely in love with "hey, siri"

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I have been messing with Siri a lot and I find it to be much better. Listens and understands better. The Hey Siri feature is pretty cool. I didnt know it worked like that until I plugged it in last night and said something with the name Siri in it. The iPhone awoke and I thought that was pretty neat.

iknrisms

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I had my iPad plugged in at home... and it must have heard something from the TV that sounded enough like "Hey Siri" that the iPad woke up, and Siri was looking for more input... :D

Hahah the same thing happened to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iknrisms

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I love this feature too! Made me fall in love with Siri all over again, but when using in the car I realized I had to shout over my music for Siri to understand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
I hear a lot of people talking about not having the "Hey Siri" option while the phone is not on the charger. Most of the time if I am holding the phone I can just hold on to the Home button to activate Siri and it works and when I am away from my phone, say it is charging then I can call out to Siri for some quick information. I think this is pretty good. I don't think I need the "Hey Siri" option while I am holding on to the phone. But again, that is just me.

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I had my iPad plugged in at home... and it must have heard something from the TV that sounded enough like "Hey Siri" that the iPad woke up, and Siri was looking for more input... :D

I sleep with my phone under my pillow, to listen to various sleep-inducing apps. I heard Siri talking, and pulled the phone out and discovered she had said "You're pretty cool yourself." Her button must have been activated by accident, and I was talking to my boyfriend :)

mpovolo

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
What they should implement is a bluetooth specific turn on of hey siri without the charger connected. So if you enable the option on the bluetooth for your car, everytime you are in the car the feature is turned on with or without the charger connection. The Moto X for example determines this through GPS and/or bluetooth and now sound levels as well. It attempts to pre-determine if you are driving and hence need the touchless controls turned on. This also prevents the feature from being on when the charger is plugged in and you don't want "hey siri" turned on, at work for example.

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Love Siri! I still miss Scott Forstall.. He would have taken Siri to a whole new level by now..

Sent from my Darth Vader black iPhone 5 using iMore Forums

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I barely use my devices while they are charging, let alone Siri. Maybe Apple should let you use the feature, even while the device isn't charged.

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
It works for me..... but also anyone else that says "hey, siri" within speaking distance of the phone. I see trouble and/or fun with this feature unless its trained to answer to your voice only. As of now, siri will answer anyone who says "hey, siri"

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
It works for me..... but also anyone else that says "hey, siri" within speaking distance of the phone. I see trouble and/or fun with this feature unless its trained to answer to your voice only. As of now, siri will answer anyone who says "hey, siri"

So I can keep disturbing your phone simply by saying hey Siri and it will respond to me even if you were doing something on the phone like typing a message? That's only troubles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
So I can keep disturbing your phone simply by saying hey Siri and it will respond to me even if you were doing something on the phone like typing a message? That's only troubles.

No, AFAIK, "hey siri" only works when the phone is not being used and is charging. So if you leave your phone unattended while charging, someone else in close proximity to your phone can use the "hey siri" feature.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
No, AFAIK, "hey siri" only works when the phone is not being used and is charging. So if you leave your phone unattended while charging, someone else in close proximity to your phone can use the "hey siri" feature.

Ah well, that's fine then. It will be perfect when Siri can recognize voices as well and so respond to only owners voice. Maybe iPhone 6 will be release with that feature.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Mine works even in other apps as long as its charging

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch (beta testing) or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods