iOS 8 Beta Compatible Apps

avmsam

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
Have any apps been optimized for ios8 yet?

I'm sure many apps are working on updates based on iOS 8 features/optimizations but they're not allowed to release that until iOS 8 itself becomes a public release. that's why there's usually a flood of updates in the days following a new OS release.

i'm not sure how one becomes a beta tester but many apps do have iOS 8 betas out right now.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I’m seeing a bit of an issue with Tapatalk on my iPad Mini. The text edit box is not contained within the screen, and does not allow scrolling. In portrait mode, the text flows off the screen, and you end up typing 'blind'. There are also a few other annoyances with the way the keyboard displays/doesn't display in certain situations. I’m sure it will be fixed once iOS 8 GM/GA is released and developers can release updates using the new APIs, etc.

Just posting this to see if anyone else is noticing this behavior.

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Actually, added a lot of apps and moved a few from the not working to the working list. I was keeping a tab on the apps for a while and then lost what was moved from either or. Hopefully, this will help. Let me know if I need to change or add notes to the apps.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Working (on my iPhone 5S):
Modern Combat 5 (some random disconnects here and there nothing major)
Grand theft auto 3
Grand theft auto vice city
FIFA 14 (I can't login to origin though)
Bell self serve app (Canada)
Hydro one app (Canada)
The weather network (Canada)
Real Racing 3
TSN Go (Canada)

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I thought this was cool... At least seeing it. I'm talking about My Mixtapez.

te8y4yda.jpg

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I thought this was cool... At least seeing it. I'm talking about My Mixtapez.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/16/te8y4yda.jpg

That usually starts happening when the iOS 8 launch date gets closer, developers start pushing out updates so there app at least works on iOS 8 without using any iOS 8 APIs. That way they can work on a proper update for there app for iOS 8 using the iOS 8 APIs and they can take longer doing so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Spotify works for me on my 5S (Version 1.5) few UI issues here and there though, and the radio section works for me
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408362418.653000.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5S (beta testing) or 5th gen iPod touch using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen