iOS 8 Beta Compatible Apps

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
All I know is they are not allowed to add the new features of the new iOS in it while it's still in beta. Solving bugs should be allowed, I believe

Junior33178

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
The way I understand it No app can be updated until the public release of any major update

However, if I remember correctly some devs kind of found a little loophole last year (and beyond) They send out a typical "Bug fix/performance update" but included in it somewhere was some stability for the upcoming featured iOS update

Maybe someone else can chime in that has seen/known of this as well

Yes, you're right. While iOS 7 beta testing and so far now, several apps started to fail because of iOS structural changes, and that's normal of course. That's expected. But devs start to update theirs apps, so many of them started to work seamlessly in beta environment without using new SDK (what is not allowed by Apple until beta testing phase is over).

Many bugs that affect apps on new betas are related to iOS itself, because changes in structure. So, sometimes working around bugs using actual SDK resolves issues and then updates can be published as "some performance and bug fixes".

mahousenow

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
I lost my personal hotspot option in settings and in "cellular" after updating to ios 8. I went back to ios 7 and it came back. Any explanation? Thanks

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I just want to point out that iOS beta updates can make some apps work again, and others not work, so keep that in mind.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch (beta testing) using Tapatalk
(Go Greece! #FIFAWorldCup)

hb773

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
So I see people saying facebook works for them, but i havent gotten it to work at all. As soon as I open the app it force closes.

any one know what i can do to try to fix that?

verizon iphone 5s 64gb

iBright

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
How do i activate spotlight suggestions? On mine i got only two options: search the web n' search on wikipedia....View attachment 58375

Sent from my iPhone 5s using iMore Forums

Go to settings, spotlight search them tick those you Wonna see
6e6aze8e.jpg

iPhone 5S using tapatalk

Eddie Hines

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
For me, Facebook will open, but when I try to Update my status or upload a picture, Facebook freezes! It will actually update facebook fine, I just cannot see it. the app just keeps going back to the upload page. if you press done to send it it will upload AGAIN but never leave the upload page. the only way to fix it is to reboot the Iphone. anyone else have that problem?

Iphone 5S 16 GB Gold
iOS 8 beta 1

iBright

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I noticed whatsapp only crashes when there is more than one notification from a group. Whenever you have more than 2 notification fr a same group it crashes when you try to open that group. When there is no notification or no one comments I successfully can open that group without any crash. Because of that I'm having a lots of notifications cos I just can't open them. Anyone experienced that?
ege8e7a9.jpg

iPhone 5S using tapatalk

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I noticed whatsapp only crashes when there is more than one notification from a group. Whenever you have more than 2 notification fr a same group it crashes when you try to open that group. When there is no notification or no one comments I successfully can open that group without any crash. Because of that I'm having a lots of notifications cos I just can't open them. Anyone experienced that?

It’s the app itself, and the developer will have to fix that and release it at the proper time.

iBright

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I just joined as a developer just few days ago and have already installed ios 8. Please I want to know if the beta acts that way or what? Do u need to activate my with my Apple ID every time I reboot? Cos I do that every single time I restart

iPhone 5S using tapatalk

hb773

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Also whats weird is when i try to use safari for facebook, I log in.. it redirected me to my page.. then right away to log in again..... is this some security flaw or something.. I feel like somethings going on. idk

austriak

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm not going to be able to install beta 2 until tonight but if someone gets a chance, will they check if Good for Enterprise works with beta 2? With beta 1, it would crash from the very beginning. I doubt it will work now but I am hoping.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2