iOS 8 Beta Compatible Apps

Twittlre

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
My friend did that for his iOS8 for Whatsapp, and it works now

Let us know if it works with you too, I deleted the iOS8.

Accessibility-Zoom.jpg

Junior33178

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Whatsapp doesn't work. Even if you reinstall, disable icloud backup and remove current chats, it starts to crash after a while. When you want to type some stuff it also crashes and when you get long messages from friends it crashes.

So Whatsapp should be on the "doesn't work" list.

Whatsapp on this side works with glitches. Sometimes (most of the time) send messages without problems but at times some chats are hanged out and when you tap to get into them makes app crashes. Personally I've noticed that any phrase that contains letter "f" makes it crash immediately. Yeah, I know it sounds totally insane but thats what happens most of the time. For sure we type words with "f" frequently (office, fine, for, f*ck, fast). Just to point out what I've experienced so far.

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Added 20 more working apps and couple not working apps.

Hopefully, this is helping - please let us know if you want us to check some apps.

Enjoy!

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm having trouble playing video with the DirecTV and HBO Go apps. I can get into both apps but they won't play video, screen just goes black.

Also having trouble with Pocket Casts. Gets stuck on the initial logo screen then crashes.

Andrew Rossetti

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm having trouble playing video with the DirecTV and HBO Go apps. I can get into both apps but they won't play video, screen just goes black.

Also having trouble with Pocket Casts. Gets stuck on the initial logo screen then crashes.

Can confirm HBO not working on iPod Touch. App crashes for me though. Also, Xfinity TV Go won't play video. Bakodo scanner crashes as well.

Some more working apps include Tweetcaster, viaProtect, Marble Security, Flixster, Crazy Basketball, Angry Birds Rio, Paper Toss, Paper Toss World Tour, Flick Homerun, and 2048.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Pretty sweet. I haven't really tested all my apps but most of the ones I use daily work so yeah except for rDio . There's also TeeVee3 don't know if anyone uses that but it works but doesn't LOL. The issues with it are if you're tracking shows and missed episodes it will reset some reason and you lose everything. The fix is to uninstall and reinstall them every thing will be there.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.

denem80

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Good evening! Is spotlight working? Some people are saying that it does not make searches in beta 1. Also heard that Settings is crashing.... Do u guys confirm that?

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o iMore Forums

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Good evening! Is spotlight working? Some people are saying that is does not make searches in beta 1. Also heard that Settins is crashing.... Do u guys confirm that?

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o iMore Forums

Settings only crashes once or twice before you can use it, but it doesn't crash always. And Spotlight doesn't work for me, it does work for some others. So if you don't mind those glitches, trying out iOS 8 is really great

mattjohnson78

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I think I can deal with the few apps not working since I kept my iPad Mini Retina on iOS 7.1.1 and will maybe install the Beta on it later after Beta 2 or 3. This way I can continue to test iOS 8 and different apps for compatibility.

I have a question, I wonder if maybe some of the bigger App Developers have been working with Apple and the recent updates have been fixed to work on iOS 8 with some of the new features disabled till iOS 8 is official. Because some of the apps actually are smoother on iOS 8 then on iOS 7.1.1.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

Sirhceth

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I just upgraded to the iOS 8 beta today. My facebook app is no longer opening. Once I click it it starts to open and then the phone restarts. You have it listed as a working app. How do I fix mine? I've already deleted and redownloaded it

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2