iOS 8 Beta Compatible Apps

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Updated with the new information... I checked scanner pro and yes, it deletes all iCloud information. Same issue with whatsapp, works without restoring from iCloud

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Google Plus partially works, login hangs but if you close and reopen the app it will work, also if you tap on a post it will crash (5th gen iPod touch at least)

Sent from my iPhone 5S or Jailbroken 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

austriak

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to running betas so maybe some of you experienced folks can answer this. In the past, how quickly have apps updated in the past during the beta phase? Do some changes from one beta to the next sometimes make it so that apps start working?

I installed beta 1 yesterday but had to revert back because of all the apps I have, the one app I have to have working does not (good for enterprise). I thought the beta was pretty stable for me with just minor little things that I noticed. I also can't wait for some 3rd parties to release keyboards.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm new to running betas so maybe some of you experienced folks can answer this. In the past, how quickly have apps updated in the past during the beta phase? Do some changes from one beta to the next sometimes make it so that apps start working?

I installed beta 1 yesterday but had to revert back because of all the apps I have, the one app I have to have working does not (good for enterprise). I thought the beta was pretty stable for me with just minor little things that I noticed. I also can't wait for some 3rd parties to release keyboards.

Sometimes a beta update might make an app work again but don't expect full support until closer to iOS 8 launch

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch (beta testing) or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Sometimes a beta update might make an app work again but don't expect full support until closer to iOS 8 launch

This is an off-topic question, but how long does a beta version last? How many days, weeks, months until it expires?

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
This is an off-topic question, but how long does a beta version last? How many days, weeks, months until it expires?

Ih8sn0w usually posts it on twitter and I usually post it here

iOS 8 beta 1 expires on Wednesday, July 16th, 2014

https://twitter.com/ih8sn0w/status/473562292160712704

Sent from my iPhone 5S or Jailbroken 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch (beta testing) using Tapatalk

Martinspire

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Whatsapp doesn't work. Even if you reinstall, disable icloud backup and remove current chats, it starts to crash after a while. When you want to type some stuff it also crashes and when you get long messages from friends it crashes.

So Whatsapp should be on the "doesn't work" list.

zhelf

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2009
Visit site
Working (tested with ipad Air)
fios Mobile
Apple Trailers
Revision 3
Fandango
Google Drive
Quick Office
Word for iPad
Excel for iPad
Google Docs
Google Sheets
Dark sky
Google Translate
engadget
techcrunch
thechive
zedge
Hearthstone: heroes of warcraft
Bastion(game data only syncs with other iOS 8 devices)
ctOS Mobile ( watch dogs companion app)

Quizup was listed as not working but i am able to play it i had 1 crash but it plays fine i will note you cannot log in with google the option is there and brings you to the log in but then just goes back to log in page. Tried 3 times. But i logged in with my email account and it works fine and i can play games.

Last edited:

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Videos on Facebook play for me but with a huge delay and lag when it goes full screen.

unstoppablekem

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
fios Mobile
Apple Trailers
Revision 3
Fandango
Google Drive
Quick Office
Word for iPad
Excel for iPad
Google Docs
Google Sheets
Dark sky
Google Translate
engadget
techcrunch
thechive
zedge

Quizup was listed as not working but i am able to play it i had 1 crash but it plays fine i will note you cannot log in with google the option is there and brings you to the log in but then just goes back to log in page. Tried 3 times. But i logged in with my email account and it works fine and i can play games.

Thank you! I was looking through this thread to see if Office for iPad was working. That's cool it does. :)

However, I think I'll wait till Beta 2 to update my iPad 3.

gazoo2010

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
MLB At Bat - Not working (crashes when choosing favorite team)
NJ Transit My Tix - Not Working (App just hangs)

Hangouts - Working for me
Downcast - Working
Reeder 2 - Working
Night Sky 2 - Working

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
fios Mobile
Apple Trailers
Revision 3
Fandango
Google Drive
Quick Office
Word for iPad
Excel for iPad
Google Docs
Google Sheets
Dark sky
Google Translate
engadget
techcrunch
thechive
zedge

Added it into the main list... Thanks

zhelf

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2009
Visit site
if anyone has apps they are curious about post a list and quote me i will test them with my ipad as long as i have them or they are free i will download them

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73