It seems like Facebook is not internally testing iOS 8 yet. There was an update available, but it didn't fix the video play back issues. I guess they're waiting for the final release of iOS 8
    The way I understand it No app can be updated until the public release of any major update

However, if I remember correctly some devs kind of found a little loophole last year (and beyond) They send out a typical "Bug fix/performance update" but included in it somewhere was some stability for the upcoming featured iOS update

Maybe someone else can chime in that has seen/known of this as well
    Tartarus likes this.
    06-13-2014 07:33 AM
    All I know is they are not allowed to add the new features of the new iOS in it while it's still in beta. Solving bugs should be allowed, I believe
    06-13-2014 07:36 AM
    All I know is they are not allowed to add the new features of the new iOS in it while it's still in beta. Solving bugs should be allowed, I believe
    If they can solve an iOS 8 bug without using any of the new APIs, then that is fine.
    Tartarus likes this.
    06-13-2014 07:44 AM
    If they can solve an iOS 8 bug without using any of the new APIs, then that is fine.
    My thoughts exactly
    06-13-2014 08:39 AM
    Facebook messenger after the update to 6.0 now crashes the whole time...

Sent from my iPhone 5s using iMore Forums
    06-13-2014 04:51 PM
    The way I understand it No app can be updated until the public release of any major update

However, if I remember correctly some devs kind of found a little loophole last year (and beyond) They send out a typical "Bug fix/performance update" but included in it somewhere was some stability for the upcoming featured iOS update

Maybe someone else can chime in that has seen/known of this as well
    Yes, you're right. While iOS 7 beta testing and so far now, several apps started to fail because of iOS structural changes, and that's normal of course. That's expected. But devs start to update theirs apps, so many of them started to work seamlessly in beta environment without using new SDK (what is not allowed by Apple until beta testing phase is over).

Many bugs that affect apps on new betas are related to iOS itself, because changes in structure. So, sometimes working around bugs using actual SDK resolves issues and then updates can be published as "some performance and bug fixes".
    06-14-2014 02:56 PM
    I lost my personal hotspot option in settings and in "cellular" after updating to ios 8. I went back to ios 7 and it came back. Any explanation? Thanks
    06-15-2014 05:52 AM
    After tweetbot update, it's working flawlessly

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    06-15-2014 06:58 AM
    I just want to point out that iOS beta updates can make some apps work again, and others not work, so keep that in mind.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch (beta testing) using Tapatalk
    (Go Greece! #FIFAWorldCup)
    06-15-2014 08:01 AM
    can v send video on whatapp now

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk - now Free
    06-15-2014 01:21 PM

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    I was glad to see this because I left the beta because of a few apps including Tweetbot not working
    06-15-2014 02:23 PM
    I was glad to see this because I left the beta because of a few apps including Tweetbot not working
    I can confirm that it’s working now.
    Rykermorgan likes this.
    06-15-2014 03:59 PM
    Weather app not working for me, Viber is working.
    06-16-2014 06:06 AM
    So I see people saying facebook works for them, but i havent gotten it to work at all. As soon as I open the app it force closes.

any one know what i can do to try to fix that?

verizon iphone 5s 64gb
    06-16-2014 11:48 AM
    How do i activate spotlight suggestions? On mine i got only two options: search the web n' search on wikipedia....Attachment 58375

Sent from my iPhone 5s using iMore Forums
    Go to settings, spotlight search them tick those you Wonna see

iPhone 5S using tapatalk
    06-16-2014 11:52 AM
    For me, Facebook will open, but when I try to Update my status or upload a picture, Facebook freezes! It will actually update facebook fine, I just cannot see it. the app just keeps going back to the upload page. if you press done to send it it will upload AGAIN but never leave the upload page. the only way to fix it is to reboot the Iphone. anyone else have that problem?

Iphone 5S 16 GB Gold
    iOS 8 beta 1
    06-16-2014 01:20 PM
    I installed the beta two days ago, and Tweetbot 3 has been working fine for me. No problems.
    06-16-2014 01:35 PM
    I noticed whatsapp only crashes when there is more than one notification from a group. Whenever you have more than 2 notification fr a same group it crashes when you try to open that group. When there is no notification or no one comments I successfully can open that group without any crash. Because of that I'm having a lots of notifications cos I just can't open them. Anyone experienced that?

iPhone 5S using tapatalk
    06-16-2014 07:01 PM
    I noticed whatsapp only crashes when there is more than one notification from a group. Whenever you have more than 2 notification fr a same group it crashes when you try to open that group. When there is no notification or no one comments I successfully can open that group without any crash. Because of that I'm having a lots of notifications cos I just can't open them. Anyone experienced that?
    It’s the app itself, and the developer will have to fix that and release it at the proper time.
    06-16-2014 08:23 PM
    I just joined as a developer just few days ago and have already installed ios 8. Please I want to know if the beta acts that way or what? Do u need to activate my with my Apple ID every time I reboot? Cos I do that every single time I restart

iPhone 5S using tapatalk
    06-16-2014 11:28 PM
    Also whats weird is when i try to use safari for facebook, I log in.. it redirected me to my page.. then right away to log in again..... is this some security flaw or something.. I feel like somethings going on. idk
    06-17-2014 12:11 AM
    I just joined as a developer just few days ago and have already installed ios 8. Please I want to know if the beta acts that way or what? Do u need to activate my with my Apple ID every time I reboot? Cos I do that every single time I restart

iPhone 5S using tapatalk
    Betas are betas. Expect issue and report them.
    06-17-2014 06:54 AM
    I'm not going to be able to install beta 2 until tonight but if someone gets a chance, will they check if Good for Enterprise works with beta 2? With beta 1, it would crash from the very beginning. I doubt it will work now but I am hoping.
    06-17-2014 01:28 PM
    Good did not work with Beta 1 - I will check Good with Beta 2, it is updating right now

Facebook issues: Close out completely from Facebook and reinstall the app. I used the auto login feature so I would recommend you to try that and it should work. The only issue with FB right now is that videos are not playing. This is with beta 1. I can check beta 2 and post an update if required
    austriak likes this.
    06-17-2014 01:40 PM

iPhone 5S using tapatalk
    It is asking for your apple id and password every time you reboot as that is the feature for app store to recognize your fingerprint for purchases. Also, uses the same for auto update of the apps.
    06-17-2014 01:42 PM
314 ... 45678 ...