I have a dev account, so I am able to download iOS 8 if I want. It looks cool, but I'm worried it will be extremely buggy, as it is the 1st beta. I beta tested the 2nd beta for iOS 7, as there was no Beta 1 for iPad, but it was a bit buggy as well. However, that was iOS 7, and it was extremely buggy, even after GM.

I have an iPad 3, so I'm wondering, should I get the iOS 8 Beta now, or wait for the next or Beta 3 build? Thanks.

Sent from my PlayStation 4 using Tapatalk
    06-03-2014 12:12 PM
    I've had bugs and re springs. Depends on your tolerance for such. Nothing earth shattering though. Check these forums for reports other people are having with it.
    06-03-2014 12:21 PM
    I would wait. Maybe download it when the second beta comes out. I downloaded it yesterday and immediately went back to 7.1 The reason being I found it too be a little too buggy for my liking (which comes with the territory), battery drainage, apps not working, and all the new features aren't all working perfectly and there is no new significant features that would make me need to have it now.
    unstoppablekem likes this.
    06-03-2014 12:33 PM
    I've had a couple restrings but no huge issues. All of the main apps I use have been working...can't really complain
    unstoppablekem likes this.
    06-03-2014 12:53 PM
    If you can wait then wait, I just installed it on my iPod touch and it's a bit buggy, a few resprings here and there but nothing major in my opinion.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    06-03-2014 01:11 PM
    If you have a Dev account, why are you waiting on another version? I thought the idea of having a dev account was to USE the beta programs and offer opinions or test the program, not sit there and wait for something better to come along. You are not using your dev account as it should be used... that's just my opinion... YMMV...
    jaymojones likes this.
    06-03-2014 01:53 PM
    I say go ahead and download it I had it on my iphone for a hour it was great and most the apps worked! But sadly now I have to register my udid now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    06-03-2014 02:53 PM
    If you're just installing it just to install it and want to file bug reports, then don't install it on something that is your daily driver. It has its bugs. No where near ready for primetime.
    06-03-2014 03:22 PM
    There are plenty of apps that just don't work with iOS8.
    So far, I have not run across any serious operational issues with the OS.
    Battery life and other functions seem okay.

I think I might put it on my primary iPhone. I did put it on my primary iPad.
    Depending on what 3rd party you rely on and whether they work with this beta might be a deciding factor.

I wont get on a dev soapbox, as the theory behind a dev acct went out the window a long time ago.
    06-03-2014 08:06 PM
    I don't have a dev account so I'll wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    06-03-2014 08:54 PM
    Why did apple make the OS X beta available to the public & NOT the ios 8
    06-03-2014 10:05 PM
    Why did apple make the OS X beta available to the public & NOT the ios 8
    Seriously? Could you imagine all the negative feedback that APPL would get if the general public was provided access to a beta program? As discussed in another thread, that would be a nightmare, not to mention how many app developers would get ripped because their apps wont work on a "beta" program.. Frankly I'm glad they dont release betas to the general public... there's already enough whinging going on with "developers" who test/install betas... we dont need any more.
    06-04-2014 04:03 PM
    Seriously? Could you imagine all the negative feedback that APPL would get if the general public was provided access to a beta program? As discussed in another thread, that would be a nightmare, not to mention how many app developers would get ripped because their apps wont work on a "beta" program.. Frankly I'm glad they dont release betas to the general public... there's already enough whinging going on with "developers" who test/install betas... we dont need any more.
    I'm being serious. why would Apple want negative feedback for the Mac

Sent from my 5s iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    06-05-2014 11:59 AM
    I'm being serious. why would Apple want negative feedback for the Mac

Sent from my 5s iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    My guess is that there are a lot more possible hardware variations for the Mac so it benefits from wider testing. Also far fewer people will want to install a beta on their computer than will be interested in putting a beta on a phone (most of those people would not be able to deal with an issue in their own). Another reason would be that the carriers would get too many calls from people who messed up their phone and would not be happy with apple because of that. If something is wrong with your Mac you call apple. If something's wrong with your phone, many people would call their carrier first.

All guesses.
    06-05-2014 12:16 PM
    I have a free dev account so can't download the beta.

If I had a paid account though, I'd download the beta and start playing with it now.

I don't use my iPad as my daily work machine though, so I would be happy to live with occasional bugs. If my used my iPad for my job though, I'd probably be a bit more careful and stick with iOS 7.
    06-05-2014 04:29 PM
    I would love to start tasting the ios 8 right now, but I have no dev account and have no other iDevice that I could use to test it with. If you don't use your iDevice as a primary device, then why not download it and try it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    06-05-2014 05:37 PM
    If your willing to put up with the bugs go ahead.
    Here is a short list of problems I have had

1. Lock screen hangs (stays Black)
    2. App store keeps refreshing it self
    3. Apps like MacHash, State Farm, and Verizon not working
    4. settings crashes every now and then

I have iOS 8 installed on my 5S and it is my only phone I use, I don't mind being a beta tester and as long as the phone part and messages work I will continue to test and I haven't had problems with that part of the phone.
    06-09-2014 10:29 AM
    Really? I have loaded it twice now and have had terrible results....Keyboard not working right, touch screen all messed up, etc....
    06-09-2014 12:13 PM
    I'd get it if I were you. Why? Just to check it out. Play around with it. If you get annoyed by the bugs , restore back to iOS 7. It's a win either way !

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    06-10-2014 09:29 AM
    It's pretty broken. Wait till at least Beta 3
    sicannon likes this.
    06-10-2014 12:22 PM