iOS 8 QuickReply mimics closely BlackBerry 10 QuickReply

lui22

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I just noticed the closeness of how the process works. Its very interesting how one operating system can mimic a completely different one to achieve the same goal.

apple-ios8-quick-reply-700x391.jpg
iOS 8
IMG_20140602_140345.png
IMG_20140602_140344(1).png
BB10

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
So what?? How many things could be identified about BB10 OS that resemble something that Apple did first?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Good. I'm glad it mimics it.

How the heck else can anyone make a quick reply without revealing a keyboard and text field? They're all going to look the same.

lui22

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
So what?? How many things could be identified about BB10 OS that resemble something that Apple did first?

To quote another poster in the CrackBerry Forums,
Well, considering BlackBerry seemingly refuses to market these features, someone might as well get to.

I find the defensiveness towards posts like these interesting. Because we all have to admit that these things are starting to get ambiguous. Apple copied predictive text from the BlackBerry keyboard and BlackBerry copied probably how the icons are arranged on the homescreen.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

Actually blackberry only introduced pop up notifications in sept 2013. Apple had introduced it back in 2011 with iOS 5.

lui22

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
This, in my opinion, is better. And if they did quick reply like BiteSMS then people would have gotten offended at that too. And possibly might have had to hire and pay that jailbreak dev.

Yeah that would actually be predicament. Wasn't it Ryan P. the one who interned at Apple or worked there for a bit? Now that guy is like a god in the jailbreak community!

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Yeah that would actually be predicament. Wasn't it Ryan P. the one who interned at Apple or worked there for a bit? Now that guy is like a god in the jailbreak community!

Yes. I also remember Apple hiring someone from the jailbreak community for iOS 5 (I think). Can't remember exactly for what feature it was.

gazoo2010

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Yes. I also remember Apple hiring someone from the jailbreak community for iOS 5 (I think). Can't remember exactly for what feature it was.

It was for notifications. He made a JB app that was real good. Apple hired him and he help design apples notifications. Not sure of he still works there.

~S

lui22

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
It was for notifications. He made a JB app that was real good. Apple hired him and he help design apples notifications. Not sure of he still works there.

~S
i remember that tweak on my iPhone 4 like literally a month after the release he was hired no?

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Apple copied predictive text from the BlackBerry keyboard and BlackBerry copied probably how the icons are arranged on the homescreen.

It's similar to swiftkey, which is the same engine behind Blackberry's predictive text. And surprise surprise, it existed long before Blackberry used it.

Can you please go back to your own sandbox and quit pooping in ours?

Last edited:

lui22

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
It's similar to swiftkey, which is the same engine behind Blackberry's predictive text. And surprise surprise, it existed long before Blackberry used it.

Can you please go back to your own sandbox and quit pooping in ours?

Is that hostility I sense?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh