Not open for further replies.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I put it dr dre and got this
View attachment 58166

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch (beta testing) or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

This time, when I entered "dr dre" (w/o the period), I get the same result as above and as I got when I initially entered the period. #smh...I suppose that's why they call it beta software, huh?...:)

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
This time, when I entered "dr dre" (w/o the period), I get the same result as above and as I got when I initially entered the period. #smh...I suppose that's why they call it beta software, huh?...:)

I put it dr dre and got this
View attachment 58166

Haha LOL I just tried and so did I.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.

Junior33178

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Devs are probably happy that people can't review their apps on the beta.

Of course they are. And it's fair that Apple took notice about that. It's totally unfair that in Beta test phase people used to make reviews and ratings of apps in the app store when much (if not all) of stability problems and bad performance are because iOS being beta, instead of apps developing bugs. A good example of that are a large number of apps that work like a charm in iOS 7 but now aren't in iOS 8.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Yea, sometimes I have to enter stuff twice for it to get a result. Should be a lot smother once the GM comes out :)

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch (beta testing) using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yea, sometimes I have to enter stuff twice for it to get a result. Should be a lot smother once the GM comes out :)

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch (beta testing) using Tapatalk

No doubt about it, my friend...:)

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Did you have preview option enabled? in Settings - Notification - Messages?
If not, quick reply won't work.

That's debatable. I never have message preview enabled, and when I installed iOS 8 beta 1, the quick reply feature worked for me. I haven't had any messages today, surprisingly, to check to see if it's still works.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
That's debatable. I never have message preview enabled, and when I installed iOS 8 beta 1, the quick reply feature worked for me. I haven't had any messages today, surprisingly, to check to see if it's still works.

Yeah QR should still work even if you have previews disabled you just can't see the message obviously to reply to.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I just noticed that the purchased section in the App Store lists apps alphabetically now
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402270501.881081.jpg

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I just noticed that the purchased section in the App Store lists apps alphabetically now

Personally, I like that. I makes it really easy to find stuff without having to search for it. The UPDATES section still shows apps by date updated, so I’m good with this change.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Personally, I like that. I makes it really easy to find stuff without having to search for it. The UPDATES section still shows apps by date updated, so I?m good with this change.

I like it, too, but I have to remind myself that they're in alphabetical order like I did earlier today when I was searching for a previously installed app near the bottom where it normally is. :)

nj1266

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
i got iOS 8 beta 1, day 1. i had a JB iPhone 5 7.1.1. i do miss my jb tweaks like phantom, home screen designer, barrel, auxo2, but i enjoy the new additions of iOS 8 like improvements to camera.app and messages.app.
this update is more for the developers, not like how iOS 7 was a total revamp this is more like subtle adjustments and more room for developers to customize. so right now not much is different/better for you to switch so soon. id say enjoy your jb device until the release.
the bugs i have encountered:
1.can't restart device otherwise it says activation failed and i have to reboot the firmware on the device(1hour process)
2. syncing issue with music and apps. music is VERY slow to transfer and iTunes is stuck on step 6 of 6. when apps sync they are just grey and stuck at waiting stage of download. i found that if you go into the app store on the device and download the apps from updates>purchase they finished the download.
3.new quicktype is only working in messages.app
4. mail is not getting pushed to device i have to open the app to refresh

these are very minimal downturns i have witnessed and so for i am very pleased with the upside

As far as i know there is no jailbreak for 7.1.1. Are you sure about that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
i got iOS 8 beta 1, day 1. i had a JB iPhone 5 7.1.1. i do miss my jb tweaks like phantom, home screen designer, barrel, auxo2, but i enjoy the new additions of iOS 8 like improvements to camera.app and messages.app.
this update is more for the developers, not like how iOS 7 was a total revamp this is more like subtle adjustments and more room for developers to customize. so right now not much is different/better for you to switch so soon. id say enjoy your jb device until the release.
the bugs i have encountered:
1.can't restart device otherwise it says activation failed and i have to reboot the firmware on the device(1hour process)
2. syncing issue with music and apps. music is VERY slow to transfer and iTunes is stuck on step 6 of 6. when apps sync they are just grey and stuck at waiting stage of download. i found that if you go into the app store on the device and download the apps from updates>purchase they finished the download.
3.new quicktype is only working in messages.app
4. mail is not getting pushed to device i have to open the app to refresh

these are very minimal downturns i have witnessed and so for i am very pleased with the upside

As far as i know there is no jailbreak for 7.1.1. Are you sure about that?

Yep. This one is blowing smoke up your skirt. There is no jailbreak for 7.1.1.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I like being able to remove people from iMessage conversations. It's fun. :)

Haven't done that but I renamed one of the threads I'm and nobody could see it. Is that an iOS 8 exclusive thing or could it be that some of the people in the thread don't have iPhones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods