iOS 8 Beta 1 for devs available for download. Bugs/Feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpol86

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Just started receiving these today as well and have had the beta installed since Monday.

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Yeah me too. I'm guessing that iOS just wants to make sure this is what you want.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

austriak

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I can't get the bug reporter to work. One bug I've noticed is related to keyboard shortcuts. When you restore from a backup, it doesn't bring in your shortcuts. Also, if you add shortcuts and then restart your device, it loses all your shortcuts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I can't get the bug reporter to work. One bug I've noticed is related to keyboard shortcuts. When you restore from a backup, it doesn't bring in your shortcuts. Also, if you add shortcuts and then restart your device, it loses all your shortcuts.

Yeah i too have noticed this

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

Use the Developer portal website. There is a bug reporter function there, as well. If you don’t report issues, how can Apple fix them?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Let's hope devs are not the only ones testing this beta. I assume Apple personnel is using this beta as well
I'd like to think they are. Doing so would definitely be beneficial in dealing with customer problems related to iOS 8, especially when it drops to the public later this fall...:)

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Let's hope devs are not the only ones testing this beta. I assume Apple personnel is using this beta as well

I'd like to think they are. Doing so would definitely be beneficial in dealing with customer problems related to iOS 8, especially when it drops to the public later this fall...:)

I hope they are, how else would they test there fixes for the bugs that developers are reporting? ;)

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch (beta testing) using Tapatalk

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I noticed a new feature. When on a website in Safari, tap on the url box and then slide your finger down on that blank page. You get something like this.
View attachment 57996

Keep in mind even this feature won't get some sites into desktop mode. It will still bring up the mobile site. Nbcnews.com is one example. Some sites don't render correctly when you request desktop site. This could change in the release version, but this happens on release versions of Chrome on Android as well at times.

jordb22

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure if anyone else posted this, i tried to read all of the posts. These are bugs that I found using my iPad Air.

When I use Messages, I am holding the iPad horizontally and go to take a picture. If I switch orientation while in the Camera it will rotate the buttons and UI but the camera itself is showing a rotated image...(its triply)

Second when I try to split the keyboard in Messages it won't split, I can undock. Even with the undock it is difficult to get the keyboard to move where I didn't have this issue before.

When I tried to see if the Keyboard did the same thing in Safari, I found it would split, and undock, was also still difficult to move. BUT when I drag the keyboard up it got glitchy and was like it was flickering, and then a second one sort of appeared at the bottom of the screen and would move as I moved the original one. As soon as I stopped the second one disappeared.

I've been trying to get it to do it again so I can get a picture of it, but now I can't even get the keyboard to move...

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I have noticed that the calendar entries on the Notification Center screen is lagging - it’s currently showing 2 entries from last night under the “Today” heading. I have reported it, but wanted to see if anyone else was seeing this? It looks like the calendar is lagging by about 12 hours or so. I have verified all of my clock settings and don’t see that it’s a user error, but anything is possible. :)

Iphonejackson

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed that the calendar entries on the Notification Center screen is lagging - it?s currently showing 2 entries from last night under the ?Today? heading. I have reported it, but wanted to see if anyone else was seeing this? It looks like the calendar is lagging by about 12 hours or so. I have verified all of my clock settings and don?t see that it?s a user error, but anything is possible. :)

I have also noticed this.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure if anyone else posted this, i tried to read all of the posts. These are bugs that I found using my iPad Air.

When I use Messages, I am holding the iPad horizontally and go to take a picture. If I switch orientation while in the Camera it will rotate the buttons and UI but the camera itself is showing a rotated image...(its triply)

Second when I try to split the keyboard in Messages it won't split, I can undock. Even with the undock it is difficult to get the keyboard to move where I didn't have this issue before.

When I tried to see if the Keyboard did the same thing in Safari, I found it would split, and undock, was also still difficult to move. BUT when I drag the keyboard up it got glitchy and was like it was flickering, and then a second one sort of appeared at the bottom of the screen and would move as I moved the original one. As soon as I stopped the second one disappeared.

I've been trying to get it to do it again so I can get a picture of it, but now I can't even get the keyboard to move...

Copy paste this post in a bug report. It's quite detailed so Apple will know what to do with it

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
One more issue that I noticed this morning:

Summary:
When viewing the tasks switcher (double click on Home button), there is a blank page in the list of “active” apps. Even after clearing all running apps/tasks. The file more.png shows this issue with other apps in the switcher; none.png shows it when there are no active apps. This is NOT displayed in iOS 7.1.1 and previous.

Steps to Reproduce:
Double click Home button to see Task Switcher screen
Close all running apps and return to the Home screen

Expected Results:
I expect to see a representation of the Home screen and a representation of each app running on the phone.

Actual Results:
There is always a blank/black phantom screen page in the first position to the right of the Home screen representation. That phantom screen is not clickable or actionable, except to slide up and delete. However, the phantom screen reappears the next time the Task Switcher is invoked.phantom.png

Last edited:

rpol86

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I can't get my Mac to call numbers at all, it does do FaceTime Audio but no normal calls through the phone-to- the mac

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
One more issue that I noticed this morning:

Summary:
When viewing the tasks switcher (double click on Home button), there is a blank page in the list of “active” apps. Even after clearing all running apps/tasks. The file more.png shows this issue with other apps in the switcher; none.png shows it when there are no active apps. This is NOT displayed in iOS 7.1.1 and previous.

Steps to Reproduce:
Close all running apps and return to the Home screen

Expected Results:
I expect to see a representation of the Home screen and a representation of each app running on the phone.

Actual Results:
There is always a blank/black phantom screen page in the first position to the right of the Home screen representation. That phantom screen is not clickable or actionable, except to slide up and delete. However, the phantom screen reappears the next time the Task Switcher is invoked.

I can't duplicate it. Odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox