iOS 8 Beta 1 for devs available for download. Bugs/Feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

StateTheFacts

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
When double clicking home...

Take notice to your favorites. The order is backwards when looking at your actual favorites list.

thats because the top of the favorites list is what you basically saying is #1 favorite contact and when you scroll left on the task manager it goes form top of list to bottom as you drag.

this feature is correct

StateTheFacts

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Curious what the consensus is on this beta. Is it stable enough to use daily? I'm jailbroken now so I can put up with resprings and crashing apps. I'm just wondering if there's anything anybody would call a deal breaker like phone app crashes or the like. I'm not against losing my JB if it's a decent beta.

i got iOS 8 beta 1, day 1. i had a JB iPhone 5 7.1.1. i do miss my jb tweaks like phantom, home screen designer, barrel, auxo2, but i enjoy the new additions of iOS 8 like improvements to camera.app and messages.app.
this update is more for the developers, not like how iOS 7 was a total revamp this is more like subtle adjustments and more room for developers to customize. so right now not much is different/better for you to switch so soon. id say enjoy your jb device until the release.
the bugs i have encountered:
1.can't restart device otherwise it says activation failed and i have to reboot the firmware on the device(1hour process)
2. syncing issue with music and apps. music is VERY slow to transfer and iTunes is stuck on step 6 of 6. when apps sync they are just grey and stuck at waiting stage of download. i found that if you go into the app store on the device and download the apps from updates>purchase they finished the download.
3.new quicktype is only working in messages.app
4. mail is not getting pushed to device i have to open the app to refresh

these are very minimal downturns i have witnessed and so for i am very pleased with the upside

Doc Z

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Ok after some pretty extensive use, here are my thoughts:

-had 2 reboots so far
-battery life is a lot worse than 7.1
-had a couple app crashes
-weird bug where the audio suddenly stops playing while video is still going
-another weird bug where the screen went completely black and none of the buttons would wake up my phone. But it was still on because when I plugged it in, it vibrated.
-the quick reply speed and the speed of the messages/mail app loading needs to be increased significantly.

That's really it. Pretty damn good for a beta 1 if you ask me

Doc Z

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Oh yeah and the quick type goes away sometimes, you can bring it back with some weird motion but this needs to be smoother

ght

May 29, 2012
Visit site
So, despite all my searching, I can't find the straight answer on the internet due to all the results just being an overall iOS 8 feature list.

Is the iPad supposed to have the Quicktype (predictive text) keyboard, Healthkit, and Homekit? I'm running an A1432 WiFi iPad mini on iOS 8 beta 1, and I do not have any of these features at my disposal. However, if I run an iPhone app on my iPad, the Quicktype keyboard shows up.

I can't run the beta on my iPhone due to restrictions with connecting to the Exchange server at work, so I can't compare.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else tried webgl in safari yet? I see huge potential for some awesome mobile sites.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch (beta testing) using Tapatalk

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else tried webgl in safari yet? I see huge potential for some awesome mobile sites.

Tried a few of the Google WebGL experiments. They run extremely well on my iPhone 5. Compared to an i5 desktop in Chrome, Safari on my iPhone had about 80% of the framerate that the desktop did. I hope they leave this enabled, it could be really nice to have.

darmac

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
So, despite all my searching, I can't find the straight answer on the internet due to all the results just being an overall iOS 8 feature list.

Is the iPad supposed to have the Quicktype (predictive text) keyboard, Healthkit, and Homekit? I'm running an A1432 WiFi iPad mini on iOS 8 beta 1, and I do not have any of these features at my disposal. However, if I run an iPhone app on my iPad, the Quicktype keyboard shows up.

I can't run the beta on my iPhone due to restrictions with connecting to the Exchange server at work, so I can't compare.

I am having the same exact issues with the same exact programs on iPad air wifi. Odd that the keyboard works for iPhone apps but not iPad apps. no health kit or home kit here either...

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
You can now adjust the brightness before you take a picture with the camera app. You simply have to tap on the screen to adjust it
bepa3uja.jpg

ave7adut.jpg

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Tried a few of the Google WebGL experiments. They run extremely well on my iPhone 5. Compared to an i5 desktop in Chrome, Safari on my iPhone had about 80% of the framerate that the desktop did. I hope they leave this enabled, it could be really nice to have.

Yea these are the ones I've tried though:
https://code.google.com/p/webglsamples/

Status
Not open for further replies.