iOS 8 Beta 1 for devs available for download. Bugs/Feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Can't wait for the Tapatalk app to be updated. There is a weird moment when I launch the app. The bottom part of the app has a different color than the rest. It looks like some sort of glitch.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
At least one bug regarding notifications from tapatalk in iOS 7 is solved.. You all know when opening from a notification in notification centre didn't remove that notification from it? Well, that's solved now.

All notifications from tapatalk now disappear from the NF

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I've noticed that yeah. I'll add a screenshot

vusedeju.jpg

You mean this iOS Gravity?

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
As a non-developer you have the right to be annoyed with little bugs on the final version. Till that time it's annoying to read posts from those annoyed people.

Just my 2 cents

I am a developer. And what's up with the snarky comment? Aren't we here to share information and collectively come together? I get that betas are just that... BETAS. There will be bugs, and I know that going into a beta. I came across a bug, I tossed my findings in to this thread. Just because I threw in at the end that it was annoying, your panties are in a twist? Not a big deal guy.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I am a developer. And what's up with the snarky comment? Aren't we here to share information and collectively come together?

But then again. The very first beta is just made available to fix your own app for it.. If you encounter some bugs along the way, you can send a bug report. Apple never said the first beta was good to go for everyday use.

Oh, snarky is my surname 😜

william3985

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Works fine for me, external links with videos have delay and lag issues for me though but they will play for me.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch (beta testing) or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Yes external no problem but waiting the app no I get a error no data

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
My Att retina Mini wouldn't charge. Kept saying my cable and accessory is not certified to work with this device. I'm using the original oem Apple charger. I had no choice to downgrade to charge. Anybody else have this issue on a cellular rMini? Maybe it was a fluke thing for me.

tonylasagna

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
So it is just me - or was this one of the worst beta releases Apple has made in a long time?

I've not since becoming a registered developer with Apple downgraded from a beta release, back to an alpha.

The settings screen even had serious visual and functional bugs.

Emails would crash on a simple reply to a very basic email. Sharing things (like photos, links from The New York Times, videos) would indicate sent but never. The personal hotspot was barely functional -- all on the most up-to-date device possible (64GB iPhone 5S).

The OS X Yosemite beta on the other hand is nearly flawless. Any other experiences that were similar to mine?

tonylasagna

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
My Att retina Mini wouldn't charge. Kept saying my cable and accessory is not certified to work with this device. I'm using the original oem Apple charger. I had no choice to downgrade to charge. Anybody else have this issue on a cellular rMini? Maybe it was a fluke thing for me.

This happened to me with the iOS 7 beta last year with a standard mini, GSM. I tried it once more, and the problem went away. Upgraded another mini, though - and this one would not at all for the life of it charge until the next beta release came out. Both were AT&T GSM, but I would suspect this applies to all GSM models in general. Very odd.. I would wait.

Hoping the next release takes care of some of these disgusting bugs.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
So it is just me - or was this one of the worst beta releases Apple has made in a long time?

I've not since becoming a registered developer with Apple downgraded from a beta release, back to an alpha.

Emails would crash on a simple reply to a very basic email. Sharing things (like photos, links from The New York Times, videos) would indicate sent but never. The personal hotspot was barely functional -- all on the most up-to-date device possible (64GB iPhone 5S).

The OS X Yosemite beta on the other hand is nearly flawless. Any other experiences that were similar to mine?

This happened to me with the iOS 7 beta last year with a standard mini, GSM. I tried it once more, and the problem went away. Upgraded another mini, though - and this one would not at all for the life of it charge until the next beta release came out. Both were AT&T GSM, but I would suspect this applies to all GSM models in general. Very odd.. I would wait.

Hoping the next release takes care of some of these disgusting bugs.

Wow.

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say “it’s just you”. Sure there are problems, issues and bugs. But it’s relatively stable for a first beta. It’s nowhere near ready for “daily driver” status, but for its intended purpose (give developers a platform upon which they can see where the iOS is headed, and give us a basic framework to begin testing our wares), it’s decent.

If you’re a developer, you already know that. If you aren’t, I guess it doesn’t matter much what we say.

jaymojones

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site

Yeah, I think you may have just had a bad file. Try doing a clean install. For a first beta, this is pretty stable. I have no issues sharing photos, links or videos. I've used the hotspot with no issues and haven't had any issues with email.

There are some kinks, but that's expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73