iOS 8 Beta 1 for devs available for download. Bugs/Feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel Smith4

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I did and can you believe it I just tried it again and it worked LOL.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.

It's a little hit and miss, sometimes it works flawlessly other times Siri just ignores you, i'm sure it'll get worked out in future betas. Shazam integration is wonderful, i've already used it a few times!

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
just curious, did you do a clean install or from a backup?

i did a clean install and 0 reboots (iP5s)

Clean install kept giving me reboots, so I tried iCloud and I couldn't even set it up because of the reboots. iTunes restore from backup worked the best.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
So after about 32 hours I've had only 1 respring that I can recreate 100% each time and that's about it. I've had a few performance issues but those are beta related. I did a clean install (restored as new) and only had a few apps not work properly. I like the webgl feature in safari. Overall it's really good I think the public is going to like it once it releases this fall.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch (beta testing) or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if any one noticed this but...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401927859.267133.jpg
You can pick a recent photo to send to some one very quickly in the messages app

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch (beta testing) or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

haxrnick

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
If anyone had what I had with being blown up with iCloud login prompts I fixed it. I was using my gmail account, which is what I have always used. I didn't realize my iCloud account was the exact same as my gmail in terms of syncing pics, contacts and all app purchases. Once I logged in with my iCloud email instead of gmail everything worked as it should. Everything synced back and all my pictures and contacts are there.

Hope this helps someone.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone see this behavior when editing the PHONE > FAVORITES list? If you go to EDIT and scroll through the list, the red circle DELETE icon is missing for the entries that were rolled off the screen. You cannot delete those entries without canceling the edit and going back into edit. Once you scroll, those entries without the DELETE icon cannot be deleted. I have reported this bug to Apple.

2298.png

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone see this behavior when editing the PHONE > FAVORITES list? If you go to EDIT and scroll through the list, the red circle DELETE icon is missing for the entries that were rolled off the screen. You cannot delete those entries without canceling the edit and going back into edit. Once you scroll, those entries without the DELETE icon cannot be deleted. I have reported this bug to Apple.

View attachment 57925

I've had something similar in another app.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

View attachment 57925

I've seen that in other apps as well

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch (beta testing) using Tapatalk

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
When taking a photo...

Take a photo and then press the photo you just took to review. It does not take you to the photo but instead another album that makes you have to go through a few extra steps to view the photo you took. THIS IS ANNOYING.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
When taking a photo...

Take a photo and then press the photo you just took to review. It does not take you to the photo but instead another album that makes you have to go through a few extra steps to view the photo you took. THIS IS ANNOYING.

Just report it and move on. Lots of little stuff to tweak, but they can’t fix what they aren’t told about.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

View attachment 57925

Yes, I have...:)

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
When taking a photo...

It's not convenient but they are aware. I'm sure millions of beta testers already reported that back to Apple.

Last edited:

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Can't rename folders. Can't wait until the he second beta.

Renaming folders works fine here

7eraqevu.jpg

4yry2yna.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods