iOS 8 Beta 1 for devs available for download. Bugs/Feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
When you initiate an iMessage and then select or enter a recipient but don't type anything in the text field, does the date 12/31/69 show up in the message list?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401915262.824917.jpg

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
That's the part I find to be crap. I have preview disabled for privacy reasons. Maybe they can do an option where the message preview is still disabled, but when you decide to quick reply, then preview is enabled.

I sure hope so. It would be nice if they integrated with your passcode to enable QR or use TouchID for us 5S owners.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I sure hope so. It would be nice if they integrated with your passcode to enable QR or use TouchID for us 5S owners.

What would be nice is for those of us who have the preview disabled on the lock screen to be able to preview it by using Touch ID. It would be nice to have that right now lol

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
What would be nice is for those of us who have the preview disabled on the lock screen to be able to preview it by using Touch ID. It would be nice to have that right now lol

Yeah that would be awesome and what I was referring to. Just a quick scan after you slide to reply and voila preview and you can respond.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
"Hey Siri" isn't working for me. I have the setting on maybe she don't like me or I'm just saying it in the right tone for her.

avmsam

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
am i wrong in remembering from the keynote that the phone has to be plugged in for 'Hey Siri' to work ? they made it seem like an 'in the car' type feature.you plug your phone into your car and then dont have to touch it to use siri so it's handsfree. that makes sense to me since it doesn't have a special low power processor so that feature would kill the battery if not plugged in. i'm assuming having it plugged in anywhere else would also work.

fyi, i'm just going from what i remember from the keynote. i'm only now in the process of installing the beta on my phone.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
am i wrong in remembering from the keynote that the phone has to be plugged in for 'Hey Siri' to work ? they made it seem like an 'in the car' type feature.you plug your phone into your car and then dont have to touch it to use siri so it's handsfree. that makes sense to me since it doesn't have a special low power processor so that feature would kill the battery if not plugged in. i'm assuming having it plugged in anywhere else would also work.

fyi, i'm just going from what i remember from the keynote. i'm only now in the process of installing the beta on my phone.

Yep. Must be plugged in

Yes I know that but it doesn't work even when it's plugged in.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Yes I know that but it doesn't work even when it's plugged in.

iOS 8 Siri doesn't like you as much as iOS 7 Siri. Downgrade before she takes control of all electronic devices in your house and tries to cook you by turning up temperature on the thermostat.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
My IOS8 keyboard stopped working out of the blue. Now its reverted back to the "normal" IOS7 style. Really no rhyme or reason for it. Tried doing a hard reset, didn't come back. Issue reported to Apple

Try swiping up from the space bar to the text box. This brought it back for me when it disappeared.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
8y6e2avu.jpg

Swipe to dismiss individual alerts, sweet!

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Have you guys seen this? It's dope in calendar when you type in location maps automatically finds the destination then you can travel time. So sick!
u8esudyd.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative