Initial update for me hasn't completed, been sitting at a progress bar for initial install after validation and restart.
    06-02-2014 06:19 PM
    Initial update for me hasn't completed, been sitting at a progress bar for initial install after validation and restart.
    I did a hard reboot when it got stuck and it went to normal after that. Progress bar was stuck 3/4 of the way on the device.
    06-02-2014 06:21 PM
    PLEASE HELP!

All of my apps (other than the preloaded apps) have been stuck in the grayed out/waiting phase and will not download, I tried restarting phone, and nothing for the last hour +
    06-02-2014 06:46 PM
    I think the quick reply message option is useless for people like me who have message preview turned off. You don't know what you are replying to if the preview is off. Maybe if you quick reply you can get a preview of the message in a future beta update.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-02-2014 06:56 PM
    PLEASE HELP!

All of my apps (other than the preloaded apps) have been stuck in the grayed out/waiting phase and will not download, I tried restarting phone, and nothing for the last hour +
    !. Try rebooting your device.
    2. Understand that some apps might not load or work with the iOS 8 beta
    3. Try removing the app and then re-initiate the download.
    Good OL MC likes this.
    06-02-2014 06:58 PM
    I think the quick reply message option is useless for people like me who have message preview turned off. You don't know what you are replying to if the preview is off. Maybe if you quick reply you can get a preview of the message in a future beta update.
    It's useless for the lock screen, yes. For me it's great in the NC. I'm glad you still get a preview in the drop down even with previews turned off.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    I was thinking the exact same thing during the presentation. Like you, I have preview disabled.
    It's useless for the lock screen, yes. For me it's great in the NC. I'm glad you still get a preview in the drop down even with previews turned off.
    Oh that's good to know. Thank you...
    06-02-2014 06:59 PM
    After installing iOS 8 I keep getting a "SIM Not Valid" error. I've taken the SIM out, put it back in and even restored the device but I keep getting this error and cannot activate it.

Carrier: Verizon
    Firmware: iOS 8 Beta 1 & 7.1.1 after downgrading.
    06-02-2014 07:14 PM
    I am going back to 7.1, there is nothing that remarkable that I want to try out immediately.
    06-02-2014 07:33 PM
    I am going back to 7.1, there is nothing that remarkable that I want to try out immediately.
    I think I will be going down the same path. I don't like what they did with the photos app (so far and may be fixed with an iPhoto update in a future beta release). Camera roll doesn't exist anymore and the events I have setup in iPhoto don't work. It just bunches them all as recently added. What a mess. Quick reply isn't doing it for me since I have previews turned off for iMessages. The delete function in iOS 8 mail is too fast.
    06-02-2014 08:01 PM
    Been using iOS 8 for about 15 minutes now, so not enough time to really find bugs etc.. though battery life seems shockingly bad so far. 20% drop in that short amount of time.

Text size seems to be buggy as well, just can't seem to get it "right" across the platform. 1 Springboard crash and the screen becomes non-responsive occasionally too.

Other than that, thus far (in the little time i've been using it) it seems relatively stable considering it's a first beta.
    06-02-2014 08:07 PM
    After installing iOS 8 I keep getting a "SIM Not Valid" error. I've taken the SIM out, put it back in and even restored the device but I keep getting this error and cannot activate it.

Please refrain from posting the same dilemma in more than one thread. It'll be read and replies will follow in due time. Thanks...
    06-02-2014 08:13 PM

Are you talking about after downgrading back to 7.1.1? I've installed iOS 8 and haven't had a "Verizon" issue as of yet.

🎀Sent from my beautiful iPhone 5S using iMore Forums🎀
    06-02-2014 08:16 PM
    I use fusion for my windows, but it wouldn't run. I was going to restore anyways. Out of curiosity I enabled TRIM support to see if it worked. That was not the case. Hosed the machine upon reboot. Not a big deal as I have a time machine backup.
    My iTunes issue was in full screen mode only. Works maximized, just not full screen. Radar filed.
    06-02-2014 08:19 PM
    Just a reminderbe sure to file bug reports with Apple. That's how they know about these problems.
    06-02-2014 08:22 PM
    Just a reminder…be sure to file bug reports with Apple. That's how they know about these problems.
    Yup. And they've made it so easy with the Bug Reporter in the OS. I've submitted a couple reports already.
    CrucialTK likes this.
    06-02-2014 08:24 PM
    Yup. And they've made it so easy with the Bug Reporter in the OS. I've submitted a couple reports already.
    Wasn't working for me. I had to file a bug report on the Mac. About bug reporter for iOS not working.
    Ipheuria likes this.
    06-02-2014 08:25 PM
    Wasn't working for me. I had to file a bug report on the Mac. About bug reporter for iOS not working.
    Really? I made the two reports within the app within an hour about a couple of hours ago.
    06-02-2014 08:29 PM
    Really? I made the two reports within the app within an hour about a couple of hours ago.
    The Send button wouldn't enable and I swear I filled in all the fields.
    06-02-2014 08:30 PM
    The Send button wouldn't enable and I swear I filled in all the fields.
    That's weird. I sent a bug about NC and the Settings app. Each had 4 and 5 screenshots attached to them. Can't remember if I sent the crash log.
    06-02-2014 08:35 PM
    Been using iOS 8 for about 15 minutes now, so not enough time to really find bugs etc.. though battery life seems shockingly bad so far. 20% drop in that short amount of time.

Text size seems to be buggy as well, just can't seem to get it "right" across the platform. 1 Springboard crash and the screen becomes non-responsive occasionally too.

Other than that, thus far (in the little time i've been using it) it seems relatively stable considering it's a first beta.
    Usually takes 3-4 betas to get battery life worked out, so not surprising you are getting poor battery life.
    06-02-2014 08:39 PM
    ^^^^ is why mere mortals should not muck around with beta releases. This whole thing falls into the “IT’S A BETA” category.
    06-02-2014 08:48 PM
    Can 3rd party apps finally use nitro JavaScript or does Apple still have that locked down?

Sent from my iPhone 5S or Jailbroken 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk
    I did a hard reboot when it got stuck and it went to normal after that. Progress bar was stuck 3/4 of the way on the device.
    Same, and a hard reboot fixed it for me as well. Good call!
    06-02-2014 08:51 PM
    How is iCloud drive ? Does it solve the local file system problem ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    06-02-2014 09:04 PM
585 12345 ...