Mmm. I also noticed that I'm not receiving push notifications either. With the spotlight it's still not working. I wonder what to do!

Sent from my iPhone 5S
    using Tapatalk
    06-08-2014 10:23 AM
    Mmm. I also noticed that I'm not receiving push notifications either. With the spotlight it's still not working. I wonder what to do!

Sent from my iPhone 5S
    using Tapatalk
    Try adding a period after dr to see if the results change.
    06-08-2014 10:40 AM
    Try adding a period after dr to see if the results change.
    I tried putting dr dre and I didn't get anything as soon as I did dr. Dre I got the same result as 'D.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-08-2014 11:09 AM
    Still no change.

Sent from my iPhone 5S
    using Tapatalk
    06-08-2014 11:10 AM
    Still no change.

Sent from my iPhone 5S
    using Tapatalk
    Do you have spotlight suggestions checked in settings -> general -> spotlight search?

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch (beta testing) using Tapatalk
    06-08-2014 11:14 AM
    I tried putting dr dre and I didn't get anything as soon as I did dr. Dre I got the same result as 'D.

I put it dr dre and got this
    iOS 8 Beta 1 for devs available for download. Bugs/Feedback thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1402240641.038990.jpg

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch (beta testing) or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    06-08-2014 11:18 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402240641.038990.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	146.6 KB 
ID:	58166

This time, when I entered "dr dre" (w/o the period), I get the same result as above and as I got when I initially entered the period. #smh...I suppose that's why they call it beta software, huh?...
    06-08-2014 11:21 AM
    This time, when I entered "dr dre" (w/o the period), I get the same result as above and as I got when I initially entered the period. #smh...I suppose that's why they call it beta software, huh?...

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402240641.038990.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	146.6 KB 
ID:	58166

Haha LOL I just tried and so did I.

Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-08-2014 11:36 AM
    Devs are probably happy that people can't review their apps on the beta.
    Of course they are. And it's fair that Apple took notice about that. It's totally unfair that in Beta test phase people used to make reviews and ratings of apps in the app store when much (if not all) of stability problems and bad performance are because iOS being beta, instead of apps developing bugs. A good example of that are a large number of apps that work like a charm in iOS 7 but now aren't in iOS 8.
    06-08-2014 05:06 PM
    Yea, sometimes I have to enter stuff twice for it to get a result. Should be a lot smother once the GM comes out

06-08-2014 05:19 PM
    Yea, sometimes I have to enter stuff twice for it to get a result. Should be a lot smother once the GM comes out

No doubt about it, my friend...
    06-08-2014 05:21 PM
    Is there a setting I'm not getting? Maybe I got a bad copy of iOS 8?
    Did you have preview option enabled? in Settings - Notification - Messages?
    If not, quick reply won't work.
    06-08-2014 05:23 PM
    Did you have preview option enabled? in Settings - Notification - Messages?
    If not, quick reply won't work.
    That's debatable. I never have message preview enabled, and when I installed iOS 8 beta 1, the quick reply feature worked for me. I haven't had any messages today, surprisingly, to check to see if it's still works.
    06-08-2014 05:26 PM
    That's debatable. I never have message preview enabled, and when I installed iOS 8 beta 1, the quick reply feature worked for me. I haven't had any messages today, surprisingly, to check to see if it's still works.
    Yeah QR should still work even if you have previews disabled you just can't see the message obviously to reply to.

Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-08-2014 05:34 PM
    Is your iPhone plugged in? The feature doesn't work unless the iPhone is getting power.

"Hey Siri" isn't working for me. I have the setting on maybe she don't like me or I'm just saying it in the right tone for her.

06-08-2014 05:41 PM
    Is your iPhone plugged in? The feature doesn't work unless the iPhone is getting power.
    Yeah I'm aware. I tried it again later and it worked don't know what the deal was.

06-08-2014 05:42 PM
    I just noticed that the purchased section in the App Store lists apps alphabetically now
    iOS 8 Beta 1 for devs available for download. Bugs/Feedback thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1402270501.881081.jpg

06-08-2014 07:35 PM
    I just noticed that the purchased section in the App Store lists apps alphabetically now

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402270501.881081.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	134.3 KB 
ID:	58193

Yeah me too. But I'm not sure whether I like it or not, yet
    06-08-2014 07:36 PM
    Personally, I like that. I makes it really easy to find stuff without having to search for it. The UPDATES section still shows apps by date updated, so I’m good with this change.
    06-08-2014 07:40 PM
    Personally, I like that. I makes it really easy to find stuff without having to search for it. The UPDATES section still shows apps by date updated, so Im good with this change.
    I like it, too, but I have to remind myself that they're in alphabetical order like I did earlier today when I was searching for a previously installed app near the bottom where it normally is.
    06-08-2014 07:47 PM
    i got iOS 8 beta 1, day 1. i had a JB iPhone 5 7.1.1. i do miss my jb tweaks like phantom, home screen designer, barrel, auxo2, but i enjoy the new additions of iOS 8 like improvements to camera.app and messages.app.
    this update is more for the developers, not like how iOS 7 was a total revamp this is more like subtle adjustments and more room for developers to customize. so right now not much is different/better for you to switch so soon. id say enjoy your jb device until the release.
    the bugs i have encountered:
    1.can't restart device otherwise it says activation failed and i have to reboot the firmware on the device(1hour process)
    2. syncing issue with music and apps. music is VERY slow to transfer and iTunes is stuck on step 6 of 6. when apps sync they are just grey and stuck at waiting stage of download. i found that if you go into the app store on the device and download the apps from updates>purchase they finished the download.
    3.new quicktype is only working in messages.app
    4. mail is not getting pushed to device i have to open the app to refresh

these are very minimal downturns i have witnessed and so for i am very pleased with the upside
    As far as i know there is no jailbreak for 7.1.1. Are you sure about that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    06-08-2014 08:21 PM
    i got iOS 8 beta 1, day 1. i had a JB iPhone 5 7.1.1. i do miss my jb tweaks like phantom, home screen designer, barrel, auxo2, but i enjoy the new additions of iOS 8 like improvements to camera.app and messages.app.
    this update is more for the developers, not like how iOS 7 was a total revamp this is more like subtle adjustments and more room for developers to customize. so right now not much is different/better for you to switch so soon. id say enjoy your jb device until the release.
    the bugs i have encountered:
    1.can't restart device otherwise it says activation failed and i have to reboot the firmware on the device(1hour process)
    2. syncing issue with music and apps. music is VERY slow to transfer and iTunes is stuck on step 6 of 6. when apps sync they are just grey and stuck at waiting stage of download. i found that if you go into the app store on the device and download the apps from updates>purchase they finished the download.
    3.new quicktype is only working in messages.app
    4. mail is not getting pushed to device i have to open the app to refresh

these are very minimal downturns i have witnessed and so for i am very pleased with the upside
    As far as i know there is no jailbreak for 7.1.1. Are you sure about that?
    Yep. This one is blowing smoke up your skirt. There is no jailbreak for 7.1.1.
    06-08-2014 09:12 PM

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402270501.881081.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	134.3 KB 
ID:	58193

I found it cool when I checked out the App Store last week. It's better for me.
    06-09-2014 03:48 PM
    I like being able to remove people from iMessage conversations. It's fun.
    06-09-2014 10:14 PM
    The icon for the photos app seems different.
    06-09-2014 11:42 PM
585 ... 1920212223 ...