Works fine for me, external links with videos have delay and lag issues for me though but they will play for me.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch (beta testing) or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    Yes external no problem but waiting the app no I get a error no data

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    06-04-2014 11:50 PM
    Yes external no problem but waiting the app no I get a error no data

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    Mine works fine in the app for me on my iPod
    iOS 8 Beta 1 for devs available for download. Bugs/Feedback thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1401941297.512135.jpg

06-05-2014 12:08 AM
    My Att retina Mini wouldn't charge. Kept saying my cable and accessory is not certified to work with this device. I'm using the original oem Apple charger. I had no choice to downgrade to charge. Anybody else have this issue on a cellular rMini? Maybe it was a fluke thing for me.
    06-05-2014 12:21 AM
    So it is just me - or was this one of the worst beta releases Apple has made in a long time?

I've not since becoming a registered developer with Apple downgraded from a beta release, back to an alpha.

The settings screen even had serious visual and functional bugs.

Emails would crash on a simple reply to a very basic email. Sharing things (like photos, links from The New York Times, videos) would indicate sent but never. The personal hotspot was barely functional -- all on the most up-to-date device possible (64GB iPhone 5S).

The OS X Yosemite beta on the other hand is nearly flawless. Any other experiences that were similar to mine?
    06-05-2014 12:55 AM
    My Att retina Mini wouldn't charge. Kept saying my cable and accessory is not certified to work with this device. I'm using the original oem Apple charger. I had no choice to downgrade to charge. Anybody else have this issue on a cellular rMini? Maybe it was a fluke thing for me.
    This happened to me with the iOS 7 beta last year with a standard mini, GSM. I tried it once more, and the problem went away. Upgraded another mini, though - and this one would not at all for the life of it charge until the next beta release came out. Both were AT&T GSM, but I would suspect this applies to all GSM models in general. Very odd.. I would wait.

Hoping the next release takes care of some of these disgusting bugs.
    06-05-2014 12:59 AM
    So it is just me - or was this one of the worst beta releases Apple has made in a long time?

I've not since becoming a registered developer with Apple downgraded from a beta release, back to an alpha.

Emails would crash on a simple reply to a very basic email. Sharing things (like photos, links from The New York Times, videos) would indicate sent but never. The personal hotspot was barely functional -- all on the most up-to-date device possible (64GB iPhone 5S).

The OS X Yosemite beta on the other hand is nearly flawless. Any other experiences that were similar to mine?
    This happened to me with the iOS 7 beta last year with a standard mini, GSM. I tried it once more, and the problem went away. Upgraded another mini, though - and this one would not at all for the life of it charge until the next beta release came out. Both were AT&T GSM, but I would suspect this applies to all GSM models in general. Very odd.. I would wait.

Hoping the next release takes care of some of these disgusting bugs.
    Wow.

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say “it’s just you”. Sure there are problems, issues and bugs. But it’s relatively stable for a first beta. It’s nowhere near ready for “daily driver” status, but for its intended purpose (give developers a platform upon which they can see where the iOS is headed, and give us a basic framework to begin testing our wares), it’s decent.

If you’re a developer, you already know that. If you aren’t, I guess it doesn’t matter much what we say.
    06-05-2014 01:06 AM
    Got a few kinks but so far loving it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    06-05-2014 01:30 AM

No. Ive had a few re springs and a few times the Settings app has crashed but it's always worked the next time. Overall this is more stable for me than the iOS 7 GM.
    06-05-2014 06:44 AM

Yeah, I think you may have just had a bad file. Try doing a clean install. For a first beta, this is pretty stable. I have no issues sharing photos, links or videos. I've used the hotspot with no issues and haven't had any issues with email.

There are some kinks, but that's expected.
    06-05-2014 07:38 AM
    When you search for an app in the App Store, instead of sliding left to right, you scroll down.
    Yeah, can't say I like that too much. Or I should say, I guess I'll have to get used to that
    06-05-2014 07:39 AM
    No. Ive had a few re springs and a few times the Settings app has crashed but it's always worked the next time. Overall this is more stable for me than the iOS 7 GM.
    I generally see a respring the first time I go to Settings from somewhere else on my phone. But the second time it works as expected. I do recall this happening at some point in iOS 7 betas, but don’t recall which one.
    06-05-2014 08:03 AM
    Mine looks different due to the fact I have more keyboards installed http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/05/qetyduvu.jpg
    When I hold this key down I do not have the option for predictive. Do I have to enable it somehow?
    06-05-2014 08:04 AM
    When I hold this key down I do not have the option for predictive. Do I have to enable it somehow?
    Your keyboard must be set for English. Predictive doesn't work with other languages yet. At least, not that I know
    kataran likes this.
    06-05-2014 08:06 AM
    Your keyboard must be set for English. Predictive doesn't work with other languages yet. At least, not that I know
    I've tried every English keyboard...still nothing.
    06-05-2014 08:59 AM
    I've tried every English keyboard...still nothing.
    That's weird. What IDevice are you on?
    06-05-2014 09:00 AM
    That's weird. What IDevice are you on?
    iPad air 16gb wifi...think I might reinstall the beta from a different source.
    06-05-2014 09:07 AM
    That could do the trick. make sure you use DFU mode and shift restore to install it. Otherwise there is a big chance you get the same glitches. You can place back you're most recent backup from iOS 7.

I've noticed the beta behaves different on different iDevices as well. From beta 3 the most bugs will be solved by apple, so there is no need to be worried yet
    06-05-2014 09:10 AM
    Can you send a screen shot of the keyboard?
    06-05-2014 09:13 AM
    My battery life has been the same. The battery level bug just bugs me.
    The glitch on my iPod Touch is after a reboot the battery level consistently shows up as being almost nil, even when fully charged. If I plug it in for just a few seconds, it corrects itself and reports the correct charge.

I've had one instance of Settings crashing on me, as well as a case where after entering my passcode on the lock screen, it indicated incorrect password. I re-entered it, and again incorrect. I did it a third time, and incorrect again. As I stared at the screen, wondering what the problem was, my home screen appeared.

The final issue I've experienced that I haven't seen reported yet is the podcast app doesn't seem as responsive to touches when the device is locked. I typically use the pause, play, and 15 second skip often when listening to podcasts. It doesn't seem to be as responsive or as accurate when selecting those options. I often have to touch multiple times, and often the touch is misinterpreted as a touch nearby such as on the volume control. I haven't noticed this on other apps yet, so it may only apply to the lock screen and may explain the unlock issue I mentioned previously.

Other than that, as far as developer betas go, this isn't too bad overall.
    06-05-2014 09:19 AM
    The glitch on my iPod Touch is after a reboot the battery level consistently shows up as being almost nil, even when fully charged. If I plug it in for just a few seconds, it corrects itself and reports the correct charge.
    I can confirm this 100%

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch (beta testing) using Tapatalk
    06-05-2014 10:06 AM
    Yeah, I think you may have just had a bad file. Try doing a clean install. For a first beta, this is pretty stable. I have no issues sharing photos, links or videos. I've used the hotspot with no issues and haven't had any issues with email.

There are some kinks, but that's expected.
    Ha. Entirely possible it is just me. There are certainly isolated instances. I'm more of an Apple "Fanboy" than a basher, so maybe the intention of the post was not made clear. I understand your point, I am merely pointing out that it has been very buggy in areas a beta released by a company as polished as Apple typically makes a bit more solid. Plus, they are very basic areas of the overall app.

And yes - I do develop apps for iOS - I've attempted to make two apps iOS 8 ready just for kicks, which is where I faced a lot of the issues I was referencing. Just my opinion that maybe their QC on this one was a bit lacking.
    06-05-2014 10:35 AM
    I decided to give another whirl at beta 1.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-05-2014 10:36 AM
    I decided to give another whirl at beta 1.
    Go for it...
    06-05-2014 10:39 AM
    You can swipe up in the weather app to bring up more days now
    iOS 8 Beta 1 for devs available for download. Bugs/Feedback thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1401980348.999689.jpg

Tartarus likes this.
    06-05-2014 10:59 AM
    You can swipe up in the weather app to bring up more days now
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401980348.999689.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	111.2 KB 
ID:	57966

Nice, i didn't notice that yet. But when you press on the temp, it doesn't give you the humidity and stuff details anymore.. I guess it's a bug never mind, they replaced it to the bottom of the app.

Last edited by yukhalilsel; 06-05-2014 at 11:32 AM.
    06-05-2014 11:04 AM
585 ... 1314151617 ...