Totally blown away by the iOS presentation

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Overall I am happy with the additions mentioned today. But I did leave the presentation feeling more of a "finally" than I did a "wow, that is a first". I didn't find much if anything in terms of software that was ground breaking. It seemed like a lot of nice additions that other platforms have enjoyed for a long time...and we are now finally getting them.

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Was anyone else surprised by the mention of being used by 98% of Fortune 500 companies? As far as I'm aware Windows is still alive and well in the business world so I was caught off guard when I heard this.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Was anyone else surprised by the mention of being used by 98% of Fortune 500 companies? As far as I'm aware Windows is still alive and well in the business world so I was caught off guard when I heard this.

Mobile only, not computers (I'm assuming)

Sent from my Jailbroken 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Mobile only, not computers (I'm assuming)
Mobile devices are an "entry drug" for Apple addiction... corporate IT departments are very set in their ways, and once they get a taste of how easy iPads and iPhones are to support - they're more inclined to try Macs...

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
They've been talking about iCloud files a lot. I'm thinking that it must be part of that. If third party apps can access this file storage I'm assuming the native mail app can

I hope so !! That is prob the most annoying things I run into.
Simple reply to an email and add an attachment without composing a new email would be great lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Superjudge

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Overall I am happy with the additions mentioned today. But I did leave the presentation feeling more of a "finally" than I did a "wow, that is a first". I didn't find much if anything in terms of software that was ground breaking. It seemed like a lot of nice additions that other platforms have enjoyed for a long time...and we are now finally getting them.

I felt more of a wow not necessarily because of the additions but by how "open" these additions are for Apple.

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Agree with OP. I was expecting a small update like iOS 6. Today blew me away. Apple came out swinging today. The wait until the new iPhones will be torture lol.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Agree with OP. I was expecting a small update like iOS 6. Today blew me away. Apple came out swinging today. The wait until the new iPhones will be torture lol.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

I actually felt the same way. Regarding it feeling like an iOS 5 to iOS 6 transition. Apple basically checked off a checklist today. I'm happy with that.

iBright

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Oh finally they improved the iMessage a lot that was wat I expected. Was wondering if they could add audio note n hell yes they did it . I'm totally in

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

nason54

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I really like the Yosemite compared to mavericks and the ios 8 just looks more polished than it already is. Of course no OS is perfect I'm sure it will have bugs, but wow I really want the ios 8 like right now. The quick reply, group messaging? Mind blowing for me, and then everything else that comes with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I felt more of a wow not necessarily because of the additions but by how "open" these additions are for Apple.

Oh my yes. Over 4000 new APIs for developers to use that will really allow them to get inside the OS a bit more. I do like it that Apple have stated that the TouchID still stays siloed away and devs can access the functions but not the content of the fingerprint scanner. Security is a huge concern and if Apple really do have a large share of the Enterprise market (I can't remember if they said Fortune 500 companies as the presentation was last night for me and i've slept since then) then they need to cater to these people in a massive way too. I think they've done that admirably here.

I was already going to buy myself a Macbook Air when I head to the States later this year. If they bring out a new Retina Air with Yosemite on it then I will be all over that like a shot to go with my iPhone 6 and iOS8.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Oh my yes. Over 4000 new APIs for developers to use that will really allow them to get inside the OS a bit more. I do like it that Apple have stated that the TouchID still stays siloed away and devs can access the functions but not the content of the fingerprint scanner. Security is a huge concern and if Apple really do have a large share of the Enterprise market (I can't remember if they said Fortune 500 companies as the presentation was last night for me and i've slept since then) then they need to cater to these people in a massive way too. I think they've done that admirably here.

I was already going to buy myself a Macbook Air when I head to the States later this year. If they bring out a new Retina Air with Yosemite on it then I will be all over that like a shot to go with my iPhone 6 and iOS8.

Yeah they claimed 98% of Fortune 500 companies use their devices. I'm thinking about picking up a Mac now as well given the new Continuity features

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm most excited about being able to set specific conversations in messaging to 'do not disturb'. I get easily annoyed when the group iMessage with my wife and in-laws gets going and I'm not interested. LOL

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73