Totally blown away by the iOS presentation

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm excited about Epic Systems integration in HealthKit. I'm an Epic Consultant and this is very exciting news...I love my career:)

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Just noticed that the iPad 3 isn't listed on the dev portal..

Sent from my iPhone 5S or Jailbroken 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

It wasn't the list of supported devices during the presentation either. I'm wondering if that's because they EOL'd it when the iPad w/retina (or should I say the one with the lightning connector) was released.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
It wasn't the list of supported devices during the presentation either. I'm wondering if that's because they EOL'd it when the iPad w/retina (or should I say the one with the lightning connector) was released.

Actually it's there, I was looking for iPad 3 since I saw iPad 4

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I was pretty impressed. TouchID for thirdparty apps made me very happy, and I hope to see more allowance of third-party in place of stock for apps and not just keyboard.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I was pretty impressed. TouchID for thirdparty apps made me very happy, and I hope to see more allowance of third-party in place of stock for apps and not just keyboard.

Maybe not in this iteration but the seed for doing exactly that has now been planted.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad they finally added those features that have been in android for years. Not so keen on them trying to bash android every 2 seconds in the presentation, only to turn around a minute later and unveil a "feature" that has been lacking on IOS for years, while being on android.

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

Guys, if it supports iPad 2, then of course it supports all later iPads. But I think there'll be limitations in some features in older devices, as always.

And of course, add me to the blown away list, I think this is the iOS presentation in which they have released more features at once, and AirDrop will finally work as it should!!! :D

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I agree with the others here. As huge as iOS 7 was, iOS 8 seems even more of an advance with the multitude of features. If Apple does open up the beta to non-debs (like they did with OSX), I'm in. Otherwise, I'll live vicariously through those that have access. :)

lui22

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
As soon as this comes out I am seriously going to contemplate updating everything. My last hold outs are the RdMini 4s and 5s. As someone who has been using these things since the start there has never been a better time to upgrade my OS.

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Yea, Apple gave us most of our wishes in one wop. I'm extremely content and cant wait to get iOS 8 and OSX Yosimite on devices. I'm just hoping my 4 year old MacBook Pro gets all the features of Yosimite. I'm thinking some of those will require BlueTooth 4.0 which I dont have.......well...... time for an upgrade :)