They've been talking about iCloud files a lot. I'm thinking that it must be part of that. If third party apps can access this file storage I'm assuming the native mail app can
    I hope so !! That is prob the most annoying things I run into.
    Simple reply to an email and add an attachment without composing a new email would be great lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    06-02-2014 09:22 PM
    Overall I am happy with the additions mentioned today. But I did leave the presentation feeling more of a "finally" than I did a "wow, that is a first". I didn't find much if anything in terms of software that was ground breaking. It seemed like a lot of nice additions that other platforms have enjoyed for a long time...and we are now finally getting them.
    I felt more of a wow not necessarily because of the additions but by how "open" these additions are for Apple.
    06-02-2014 11:24 PM
    Wasn't expected at all! Apple you have a proper convert this time around.

Posted via iMore App
    06-02-2014 11:35 PM
    06-02-2014 11:45 PM
    Continuity would make me ditch my PC for a Mac.
    nikkisharif and anon5664829 like this.
    06-02-2014 11:56 PM
    Agree with OP. I was expecting a small update like iOS 6. Today blew me away. Apple came out swinging today. The wait until the new iPhones will be torture lol.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums
    06-03-2014 01:34 AM
    Agree with OP. I was expecting a small update like iOS 6. Today blew me away. Apple came out swinging today. The wait until the new iPhones will be torture lol.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums
    I actually felt the same way. Regarding it feeling like an iOS 5 to iOS 6 transition. Apple basically checked off a checklist today. I'm happy with that.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    06-03-2014 01:42 AM
    Oh finally they improved the iMessage a lot that was wat I expected. Was wondering if they could add audio note n hell yes they did it . I'm totally in

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    06-03-2014 02:02 AM
    I really like the Yosemite compared to mavericks and the ios 8 just looks more polished than it already is. Of course no OS is perfect I'm sure it will have bugs, but wow I really want the ios 8 like right now. The quick reply, group messaging? Mind blowing for me, and then everything else that comes with it.

Speedygi likes this.
    06-03-2014 02:42 AM
    I felt more of a wow not necessarily because of the additions but by how "open" these additions are for Apple.
    Oh my yes. Over 4000 new APIs for developers to use that will really allow them to get inside the OS a bit more. I do like it that Apple have stated that the TouchID still stays siloed away and devs can access the functions but not the content of the fingerprint scanner. Security is a huge concern and if Apple really do have a large share of the Enterprise market (I can't remember if they said Fortune 500 companies as the presentation was last night for me and i've slept since then) then they need to cater to these people in a massive way too. I think they've done that admirably here.

I was already going to buy myself a Macbook Air when I head to the States later this year. If they bring out a new Retina Air with Yosemite on it then I will be all over that like a shot to go with my iPhone 6 and iOS8.
    nason54 likes this.
    06-03-2014 04:01 AM
    Oh my yes. Over 4000 new APIs for developers to use that will really allow them to get inside the OS a bit more. I do like it that Apple have stated that the TouchID still stays siloed away and devs can access the functions but not the content of the fingerprint scanner. Security is a huge concern and if Apple really do have a large share of the Enterprise market (I can't remember if they said Fortune 500 companies as the presentation was last night for me and i've slept since then) then they need to cater to these people in a massive way too. I think they've done that admirably here.

I was already going to buy myself a Macbook Air when I head to the States later this year. If they bring out a new Retina Air with Yosemite on it then I will be all over that like a shot to go with my iPhone 6 and iOS8.
    Yeah they claimed 98% of Fortune 500 companies use their devices. I'm thinking about picking up a Mac now as well given the new Continuity features
    nikkisharif likes this.
    06-03-2014 08:45 AM
    I'm most excited about being able to set specific conversations in messaging to 'do not disturb'. I get easily annoyed when the group iMessage with my wife and in-laws gets going and I'm not interested. LOL
    06-03-2014 08:51 AM
    Really excited to get ios8 and considering installing the beta on my MacBook Pro!!

Sent from my iPhone 5S
    06-03-2014 08:58 AM
    I'm most excited about being able to set specific conversations in messaging to 'do not disturb'. I get easily annoyed when the group iMessage with my wife and in-laws gets going and I'm not interested. LOL
    I've already put a group into do not disturb and it is wonderful.
    nikkisharif and ladyc0524 like this.
    06-03-2014 10:12 AM
    I love that you can leave group messages now
    06-03-2014 10:18 AM
    I'm glad it's working well. I won't get to try it until the fall but I'm still incredibly excited!

06-03-2014 10:20 AM
    I upgraded to iOS 8 beta yesterday and I'm amazed. Love the keyboard and now I can type twice as fast on the same. Haven't checked out everything yet.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    06-03-2014 10:33 AM
    I haven't watched the Keynote yet. I have to watch it so I can figure out what Yosemite it. Those news stories about the iPhone 6 being the best selling phone of the year might be true after all.
    06-03-2014 10:52 AM
    I haven't watched the Keynote yet. I have to watch it so I can figure out what Yosemite it. Those news stories about the iPhone 6 being the best selling phone of the year might be true after all.
    More like best selling of all-time lol
    06-03-2014 10:53 AM
    Went to Apple.com and it turned out to be an OSX update.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    06-03-2014 10:53 AM
    While watching WWDC yesterday I couldn't help but think the changing of the guard is now complete. Tim Cook and Co. have been under ever increasing scrutiny and pressure to produce, not to mention the "800" pound gorilla that Steve Job's legacy & passing created. I think it's safe to say Apple totally nailed it yesterday! The presentations of both OSX & iOS were flawless, exciting, and has me filled with anticipation for the hardware to come in September.
    06-03-2014 11:19 AM
    If iOS 8 is this good, I wonder how good iOS 9 will be. I have no need for jailbreaking now. I'm satisfied.
    mumfoau and nikkisharif like this.
    06-03-2014 12:18 PM
    Since iOS 8 is coming out in the Fall, does this mean that I will have to change my profile picture?
    06-03-2014 02:19 PM
    Mobile devices are an "entry drug" for Apple addiction... corporate IT departments are very set in their ways, and once they get a taste of how easy iPads and iPhones are to support - they're more inclined to try Macs...
    It is an entry drug. Using Windows machines my entire life I wouldn't have gotten a Mac had it not been for using an iPhone and then iPad after that.
    Tartarus likes this.
    06-03-2014 03:01 PM
    It is an entry drug. Using Windows machines my entire life I wouldn't have gotten a Mac had it not been for using an iPhone and then iPad after that.
    Yep. I swear my apple stuff breeds when I'm not looking.
    kataran likes this.
    06-03-2014 04:03 PM
137 ... 23456