Friend unable to Phone me with number, only Facetime...

Martyn Ball

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi, updated my phone afew weeks ago. But over the past couple of days ive been having trouble sending any iMessages to a friend, and when she does receive them it's through my iCloud account and not my phone number.

She is also struggling to phone me on my number, instead it keeps on making her start Facetime Audio.

Just checked my settings and noticed my phone number isn't "ticked" under Send & Receive.

2014-10-03 14.13.34.png

Any ideas why this is?

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi, updated my phone afew weeks ago. But over the past couple of days ive been having trouble sending any iMessages to a friend, and when she does receive them it's through my iCloud account and not my phone number.

She is also struggling to phone me on my number, instead it keeps on making her start Facetime Audio.

Just checked my settings and noticed my phone number isn't "ticked" under Send & Receive.

View attachment 67177

Any ideas why this is?

It’s because you don’t have the phone number checked in the display above. Check that, and it should resolve your issue.

Martyn Ball

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
MIGHT have fixed it, I disabled iMessage then enabled it again and my number was ticked, but it was still disabled so I couldn't untick it, which is good. Just waiting for a reply to see if she is still get messages from my iCloud account.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234