iOS 7.1 + PDF + MS Exchange = Not good.

JackTBear

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Opening pdf email attachments on the iPhone / iPad in MS Exchange is problematic with the new update 7.1.

Seeing other similar posts around the net from companies that using large numbers of iOS devices.

The files used to easily and correctly open just by tapping the file. Now, the pdf image file will open with distorted color bands or a black white screen error.

The only way the images will display correctly is by clicking the 'Download Full Message' at the end of the email. A lot of people don't do this.

My company sends thousands of pdf attachments by email to iOS devices (by request), we've tried different pdf versions, color profiles etc but nothing succeeds, anyone else know a better solution?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Hasn't the 'Download Full Message' always been the solution? I've had this same problem on a handful of occasions when downloading PDF attachments without using that option from OS's as far back as iOS 5. Whether on Exchange or any other email server for iOS devices. Basically, the entire email is truncated and won't display the PDF properly without doing that anyway. I think it really only is the solution.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2