Lost Mail from Yahoo Folders after ios 7.1 for iphone

katsim57

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
I downloaded the ios 7.1 update, then noticed I had lost many of my contacts. I was able to recover them. I use my Yahoo email folders for loads of information that I need to save. These emails were also missing from my folders when I log in to my email through my web browser.

I lost many of my Yahoo emails from my different folders. How can I get these back?

Thanks for any and all help!

Kat

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore Kat 😃

Try deleting your email account and re-adding it and see if that helps I'm assuming your using yahoo for your contacts not icloud

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

katsim57

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
I tried this just now; no luck.

I can't understand how the ios update would have deleted yahoo from my folders on the phone and when I access it online. I am not tech savvy, so this confuses the crap out of me.

Thanks so much for your reply. Any other suggestions?

Kat

katsim57

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
If you backed up prior to the OS update, wipe your device & restore from that backup.

I hate to admit this; but I don't know how to restore it. I am backed up to iCloud and iTunes. I just got my contacts restored and cleaned them out. Can I restore without messing up my contacts? Will I have options on what to restore? Will I still have the 7.1 update, and if not, do I need to reinstall it?

Just wondering....how can Apple send out these updates for us to use, and they screw up our phones, but they don't offer any assistance for helping with the problems? Wow!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2