Free Printing from iPad air

chocolateyum

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Any free way to print to my non-AirPrint compatible printer that is connected to my asus rt-ac66u router from my iPad air? My iPad is jail broken if that makes any difference.

Thanks.

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Any free way to print to my non-AirPrint compatible printer that is connected to my asus rt-ac66u router from my iPad air? My iPad is jail broken if that makes any difference.

Thanks.

What brand of printer is it? I ask because some brands/models feature iOS compatible printing outside of AirPrint. My Brother printer has this feature which is accessible via their app.

Sent from my liberated Titanium iPad Air LTE 

chocolateyum

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Thanks guys. I have a cannon ip1800. Cannon does have an app but my printer is so old it doesn't work with it. That print central pro app costs money. Not much but it's really my mom who has the iPad air and she doesn't print often anyway so just thought would set it up for her if it was free.

Thanks anyway.

johnboysupergolf

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Try to get your printer to print using your laptop first before worrying about Idevices. Look at your printer manufacturers website for their drivers for your laptop and instal them. During the set up you will connect a usb cable between the laptop and the printer. You will get an option to enable wireless printing and then remove usb cable. Once you get it printing over your wifi network from the laptop then try some of the printing apps available for your Idevice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

chocolateyum

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. I've already got my laptop printing johnboysupergolf and I still can't get the idevices.

Printdirect is not really free cause you have to upgrade to get rid of the very restrictive limitations and printbureau costs money.

Thanks mikeo007 for the tomato suggestion. I'd try it but I really like my asus merlin firmware and I've got a hard drive connected to that extra port already as a backup to my NAS (which is a cheap one with no usb ports and can't work as a print server I think). I'll ask the asus and mybooklive forums though to see if there is an option.

johnboysupergolf

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. I've already got my laptop printing johnboysupergolf and I still can't get the idevices.

Printdirect is not really free cause you have to upgrade to get rid of the very restrictive limitations and printbureau costs money.

Thanks mikeo007 for the tomato suggestion. I'd try it but I really like my asus merlin firmware and I've got a hard drive connected to that extra port already as a backup to my NAS (which is a cheap one with no usb ports and can't work as a print server I think). I'll ask the asus and mybooklive forums though to see if there is an option.

Well that's good it means you're printer is already on your network and that's a start. Now you just need to look around at the various apps available till you get one working. I know what you're going through as I had to help a friend recently who had you're same problem. Keep looking and google is your friend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2