iOS 7.0.6 has been released

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Even though it just fixes some security bugs, it is one of the big reasons I love iOS. While perusing the tech sites, I see that there is an update available. I go into settings, download, then install. Simple. When I was on Android, I would see an article that says that the update is rolling out now. I would check and check and check again, and nothing. Two weeks later, after checking numerous times a day for the update, the update comes. Then I find out shortly that a quarter of my apps aren't working anymore because they aren't compatible with the new update.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

That sucks. I know how that feels as I was a former owner of a Samsung Galaxy S3.

yungboi

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
Haven't updated since my phone is jail broken and I want it to stay that way until 7.1 comes out. But my guess is that battery life will be the same as before.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Yea I'm not updating until 7.1 also I just jail broke my iPhone a few days ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Wallace

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
I know it isn't listed in the 7.0.6 changelog, but I was kinda hoping that they fixed the respring issue in iOS 7.x I am getting really pi$$ed of with it now on my iPhone 5s.

I realise that they said it should be fixed in 7.1, but was just optimistic they slipped it in here!

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I know it isn't listed in the 7.0.6 changelog, but I was kinda hoping that they fixed the respring issue in iOS 7.x I am getting really pi$$ed of with it now on my iPhone 5s.

I realise that they said it should be fixed in 7.1, but was just optimistic they slipped it in here!

I either don't have the respring issue or I don't notice it. I wonder why.

Sent from my liberated Titanium iPad Air LTE 

Wallace

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
It doesn't seem to affect my iPad Air as much (very rarely will it respring), but my iPhone 5s can do it 5-6 times a day. Completely at random. Mostly just when I use TouchID to unlock.

My nephew who also has a 5s hasn't experienced it at all!

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
It doesn't seem to affect my iPad Air as much (very rarely will it respring), but my iPhone 5s can do it 5-5 times a day. Completly at random. Mostly just when I use TouchID to unlock.

Wow.

Sent from my liberated Titanium iPad Air LTE 

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't seem to affect my iPad Air as much (very rarely will it respring), but my iPhone 5s can do it 5-6 times a day. Completely at random. Mostly just when I use TouchID to unlock.

Same for me. I can't wait for 7.1.

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I just checked for an update, but haven't downloaded yet. Just from seeing the update sitting there, I can already tell that battery life is hugely better already.

Really? Mine seems worse - but then, I'm running an 'old' iPhone 4 here. I think I'm hitting the planned obsolescence wall as it times out almost exactly to the end of my phone contract... ;-)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Battery life on my iPhone 5 is either the same or slightly better with iOS 7.0.6.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2