Safari stuck in split screen

kamann

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
Hello all, I was just in Safari on my 5s doing a search in landscape mode. As soon as I hit the search button I rotated my phone back to horizontal mode, at which time Safari got stuck in a odd split screen mode. Never seen this before, so thought I'd share and snapped a pic. ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1392096069.362306.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

kamann

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
Oh yes I have restarted my phone several times before this, as well as after. I got my 5s at launch.

It's only happened once, which is why I was puzzled and wanted to share it here.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Larry Fostano

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Double click on the home button,look for the Safari half screen and just slide it up.Go back and open safari and all should be normal again.Good luck and let me know if this resolved your issue.

waynjer64

Dec 24, 2016
Visit site
I have a new iPad Pro, 12", and I was trying different things. I put Safari into the side by side screens. This is not the pullout from the right side of the screen that you can do, but two equal Safari screens side by side each other. However, now it is stuck in that position and nothing I have tried has put it back to one single screen. I tried pressing the home button twice, but I still had the side by side screens, only smaller. I couldn't just pull up one screen and when I restarted Safari there they were, the side by side screens.
Help as I am going crazy trying to undo this.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit