Problems w/ios 7.0.4

Bluth22

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
So i hate ios7. Its messing my phone up. Here are some examples;
1. I set alarm, alarm went off, i turned it off completely, and 5 mins later alarm went off.

2. I cant swipe and delete contacts from recent call list. I swipe, the delete button shows but once pressed it disappears.

3. My phone dies any time from 8%~20% with out warning.
Then when i plug in my phone it skips to 10 or A teen percent that fast.

4. There are others ill post soon. So what can or should we do about it? Can i please go back to ios 6?

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
You can't go back.

As to the other issues... You might consider a complete wipe of the device through the settings app... Then hook to iTunes and do a full reinstall of iOS7 and set it up as a new device.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Things like this DOES happen to many people that get a bad install of the OS so just do as you were advised and do a complete wipe and install as new and you should be fine.

Bluth22

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Ok sounds good. So whats the best way to do a complete cleaning of my phone. I dont want to loose a lot of my stuff.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Ok sounds good. So whats the best way to do a complete cleaning of my phone. I dont want to loose a lot of my stuff.

Plug your phone into iTunes and click restore.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

meashishnd

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Apple already stop signing back so you must have to erase all content & settings or restore ios from itunes sure help you , don't restore backup again may be problem occur again

Apple Blogger

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
It's definitely a software issue, it would be better if restore ur phone ...
FYI do not restore brim
Backup, iCloud or iTunes, after u restore, set up as a new device, so before u do make sure ur data(pictures, contacts) are saved... U might want to find an app that helps to backup messages also.. But do not restore from ur backup and set it up as a new device

Bluth22

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Ok thanks for all the help, i think i understand now. Ill try it today and let you know what happens.
As for the back up apps, what ones work the best that are free?

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Ok thanks for all the help, i think i understand now. Ill try it today and let you know what happens.
As for the back up apps, what ones work the best that are free?

Good Luck and Welcome to iMore!!!