Videos stock app & other data

anon(4706822)

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Over the last week my "other data" sky rocketed to over 5GB leaving me with barely 500MB of space remaining.

I've done everything I can think of to help keep the other data down from reinstalling apps, deleting data consuming apps to buying program like iExplorer and PhoneClean3. Nothing works to keep the yellow bar from growing. This is something I've come to accept from Apple and being an iPhone user.

In efforts to keep more space on my phone I use Netflix, Hulu and Podcasts apps so no physical media is on my phone. Sounds smart right? We'll, the other night, while streaming a movie that I bought on iTunes, I was suddenly greeted with a message. I'm paraphrasing but it was warning me that my storage was almost full. Huh?! At the time I had 2GB of free space on my phone and am baffled what is going on.

Are apps like Netflix, Hulu and Apple's Video app storing data? Any tips to help me conserve space? I've even gone as far as restoring my phone to factory setting with only other data to come back a few weeks later.

egubuza9.jpg

Last edited:

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
The only way I know how to get rid of that is to run iCleaner Pro everyday on my iPhone. It's a jailbreak app so you would have to jailbreak to get it. It works for me.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
When you're connected to iTunes, hit the "back up now" option and see if it clears that. This has been happening to me a lot since ios7 came out and that has fixed things for me a couple of times.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73