When I create a new contact, I cant select which account to create the contact in

nyc_rock

Sep 19, 2006
Visit site
I have multiple accounts on my iphone (Exchange and Yahoo). When I create a new contact, I cant select which account to create the contact in. I feel like this used to be an option but I cant find it. Is there a way or do you have to change the default account each time?

thanks in advance.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It will automatically create the contact in the "default" mail account. You can go to Settings-Mail. Contacts, Calendars and then scroll down to "Default Account" to see which is listed. Otherwise, you will have to select "Groups" from within the Contacts App, and then uncheck the ones you do not want the new contact to be created in.

nyc_rock

Sep 19, 2006
Visit site
Thanks.

So, for the last part. Going into groups. If I have a checkmark next to both exchange and yahoo, will the contact be created in both accounts?

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
No, if your default account is checked, the contact is created in the default account.

If you uncheck all but one, the contact is created in that account, no matter what your default is. After, just check the ones again, that you want to display.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73