iPhone switches speaker source when answering call in my car.

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I am not sure which IOS update may have caused this issue. It was the last update or possibly the one before.

Prior, I could answer a call in my 13 Chevy Equinox (MyLink System) and the call would continue with the audio source being the Chevy Equinox via BT on the iPhone. However, now when I answer a call, the call stays for about 5 seconds with the Chevy audio source and then switches to audio source iPhone. I can see it switch on the iPhone screen. (tested this while parked). In order to continue in hands-free mode, I have to manually switch the audio source on the iPhone or on the MyLink screen. Once I do that, the call stays in hands-free mode. Its only taking the call initially that the audio source gets switched.

Calls I initiate via MyLink stay hands-free.

I have not updated the firmware on the MyLink system and can only account for the updates to IOS 7 as the only system changes.

I have a 5S. Anyone else with this issue?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a similar problem with my Jawbone Icon. When my iPhone 5 is connected to it via bluetooth and I receive a call, I have to select the Jawbone Icon as the preferred audio source instead of it automatically being selected.

BrockS.

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I have this issue with any Bluetooth earpiece I use. I find it most annoying and have yet to find a solution to lock it to the earpiece only. The closest I've come is to answer the call via the earpiece and this keeps the audio coming through it instead of switching to the phone.

smelton3

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue with using Bluetooth in my vehicle, '12 Tahoe. The fix for me was going into "General" then "Accessibility" then "Incoming Calls" then checking "Default". When a call comes in it defaults to Bluetooth.

Sent from my AT&T LTE iPad Air. White in color of course. Or my iPhone 5s. Gold of course.

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue with using Bluetooth in my vehicle, '12 Tahoe. The fix for me was going into "General" then "Accessibility" then "Incoming Calls" then checking "Default". When a call comes in it defaults to Bluetooth.

Sent from my AT&T LTE iPad Air. White in color of course. Or my iPhone 5s. Gold of course.

hmmmm... checked my settings, it is already on "Default". The call initially comes in on BT, I can even get a word or two in before the iPhone switches the audio source from my Equinox to the phone.

Very frustrating.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I've got an iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4 and a '10 Ford Focus. The only times that the phone does not do calls over Ford Sync bluetooth is when I hit the answer button on the phone instead of the steering wheel. (I'm still having issues with making calls via Sync, but that's a user training issue... :)

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Strange how some folks have issues with this while others don't...
'14 Mazda 6 with an iPhone 5 works exactly as expected.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2