Reminders and Calendar

jmendel33

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
So im trying to go back to using the stock apps, and when i make a reminder i cant see it on my calendar if i have an alert set, ive been trying to find a definitive answer on the web but i cant, i already have fantastical 2 and its great but id like to use the reminders app more, do these two work together? Or am i just missing something? Thanks!!

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
As far as I know reminders don't show in the stock calendar. That's why Fantastical 2 is my go to Calendar app.

jmendel33

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Ok thanks thats what i thought its totally absurd for them to not make the stock apps work with each other, ive never really had an issue with apple i love all of their products, but that makes no sense to me!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So im trying to go back to using the stock apps, and when i make a reminder i cant see it on my calendar if i have an alert set, ive been trying to find a definitive answer on the web but i cant, i already have fantastical 2 and its great but id like to use the reminders app more, do these two work together? Or am i just missing something? Thanks!!
Reminders do not display in the native Calendar app, however, they do display in the Notification Center.

Toochief

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
If you want to see your reminders in your calendar then you might want to change to Google. I personally don't like seeing all of my reminders Cluttering up in my calendar. If I want to see my reminders, then I open to my reminders app. It's just that simple.

jmendel33

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
If you want to see your reminders in your calendar then you might want to change to Google. I personally don't like seeing all of my reminders Cluttering up in my calendar. If I want to see my reminders, then I open to my reminders app. It's just that simple.

I dont ever plan on changing to android, especially over a small thing thats an annoyance to me, i love ios and all apple products its all i use, im just simply saying if your going to ship a phone with apps already installed theres no reason why they should all work together instead of being fragmented

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site

What happens if you set an Alert for the Calendar event? There are options in the Alert to remind X number of minutes, etc before the actual event start time. Would this satisfy what you're trying to accomplish?

jmendel33

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
What happens if you set an Alert for the Calendar event? There are options in the Alert to remind X number of minutes, etc before the actual event start time. Would this satisfy what you're trying to accomplish?

Nah, its crazy i know i use fantastical 2 and it works great i just hate the big red bar across the top i like the look of apples calendar app better and the fact that it shows the date as well instead of in a bubble, i just like being able to look at the calendar and to be able to edit and see my reminders also and i dont understand why apple wouldnt make the stock apps work together

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I believe Apple encourages developers to make apps with more features and better functionality than their stock apps because Apple owns the store so they get their cut from sales of Fantastical 2 and any app that functions like the stock apps

Like a Pharnacy that sells their brand of soap and a name brand soap which may be better. Instead of just selling the store brand sell both make more money.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I believe Apple encourages developers to make apps with more features and better functionality than their stock apps because Apple owns the store so they get their cut from sales of Fantastical 2 and any app that functions like the stock apps

Like a Pharnacy that sells their brand of soap and a name brand soap which may be better. Instead of just selling the store brand sell both make more money.

I think that's a really good analogy for this situation

jmendel33

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

Never thought about it like that, but makes alot of sense!!

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

Interesting...makes sense

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
A lot of us have been wondering the same for a long time, but they still work like separate apps. If you want a reminder to show in your calendar set the reminder directly on the calendar app, seems like they just want the reminders app to be used for "quick" lists, but I do like that at least they show in notif center.

Enviado desde mi iPhone con Tapatalk

timswork

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm a stock-app kinda guy too, but I'm convinced that Fantastical 2 is a worthy deviation from my stance. I do agree with the consensus that Apple may under-develop its stock apps to the degree that it keeps a healthy ecosystem for third-party developers. For example, Nintendo's own games are so good that it gives the impression that most all third party games are crap; Nintendo, in effect, being the ecosystem's own worst enemy for its platforms.

Now I can manage both my Calendar and Reminders with Fantastical 2, and it is my one go-to app for anything date related.

Fantastical 2 does work with both Reminders (and Calendar) in the sense that they all utilize iCloud to populate data in each given app.

That being said, I do occasionally return to Reminders to adjust the position of the Reminders in a given list. But that's about it anymore.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro