What is cellular data??? When I have turn on the wifi is required to open the cellular data???
    01-11-2014 09:20 AM
    Cellular data is data sent and received over the air via your cellular provider. Wi-Fi is separate from cellular data and is not required to be turned on to use cellular data. If you're at home, it is recommended that you use Wi-Fi to keep from using your cellular data, especially if you do not have an unlimited data plan.
    01-11-2014 09:34 AM
    Cellular data is data sent and received over the air via your cellular provider. Wi-Fi is separate from cellular data and is not required to be turned on to use cellular data. If you're at home, it is recommended that you use Wi-Fi to keep from using your cellular data, especially if you do not have an unlimited data plan.
    I have not an data plan then I must closed? I receive only from wifi!!!
    01-11-2014 09:39 AM
    Not having a data plan doesn't necessary mean you have to turn off data on the phone. But wifi uses less battery than cellular data. But when you are on the move, you might need data. But again you don't have to worry about it switching on and off cos the phone always give first preference to wifi and automatically switches to data if wifi not available.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iMore Forums mobile app
    01-11-2014 10:28 PM
    I have not an data plan then I must closed? I receive only from wifi!!!
    If you do not have a data plan on your phone, then when you do not have an active WiFi connection, you will not have data service. This includes web browsing, email, calendar syncing, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.

NOT effected are phone calls and txt messaging. I think iMessage uses data.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    01-12-2014 10:42 AM
    If you do not have a data plan on your phone, then when you do not have an active WiFi connection, you will not have data service. This includes web browsing, email, calendar syncing, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.

NOT effected are phone calls and txt messaging. I think iMessage uses data.
    You are correct, iMessage uses data
    01-12-2014 10:43 AM
    A cellular data on the iphone is a device that prevents your iphone from using other cellular data networks. The cellular icons can be seen on the screen, by this you can change its settings if you like....
    01-13-2014 05:33 AM
    A cellular data on the iphone is a device that prevents your iphone from using other cellular data networks. ...Snipped....
    Huh?
    01-13-2014 08:28 AM
    A cellular data on the iphone is a device that prevents your iphone from using other cellular data networks. The cellular icons can be seen on the screen, by this you can change its settings if you like....
    What Huh?? Can this be explained please by you? Thank you.
    01-14-2014 07:18 PM

WT......:brainexploded:
    01-14-2014 07:58 PM
    get off of this forum, please
    01-23-2014 11:08 PM
    I only have a little bit of data because at home and at work I have wifi so when I send a picture over iMessage what do I use? Data or wifi and when I send it to a galaxy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    01-24-2014 08:55 PM
    I only have a little bit of data because at home and at work I have wifi so when I send a picture over iMessage what do I use? Data or wifi and when I send it to a galaxy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you're on Wi-Fi iMessages will use it.

Picture messages to non iPhones use cellular data.

Sent from my T-Mobile iPhone 5c using Tapatalk
    01-24-2014 11:07 PM