What is cellular data?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Cellular data is data sent and received over the air via your cellular provider. Wi-Fi is separate from cellular data and is not required to be turned on to use cellular data. If you're at home, it is recommended that you use Wi-Fi to keep from using your cellular data, especially if you do not have an unlimited data plan.

NicosNicolaou

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Cellular data is data sent and received over the air via your cellular provider. Wi-Fi is separate from cellular data and is not required to be turned on to use cellular data. If you're at home, it is recommended that you use Wi-Fi to keep from using your cellular data, especially if you do not have an unlimited data plan.

I have not an data plan then I must closed? I receive only from wifi!!!

elvisx77

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Not having a data plan doesn't necessary mean you have to turn off data on the phone. But wifi uses less battery than cellular data. But when you are on the move, you might need data. But again you don't have to worry about it switching on and off cos the phone always give first preference to wifi and automatically switches to data if wifi not available.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iMore Forums mobile app

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I have not an data plan then I must closed? I receive only from wifi!!!

If you do not have a data plan on your phone, then when you do not have an active WiFi connection, you will not have data service. This includes web browsing, email, calendar syncing, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.

NOT effected are phone calls and txt messaging. I think iMessage uses data.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
If you do not have a data plan on your phone, then when you do not have an active WiFi connection, you will not have data service. This includes web browsing, email, calendar syncing, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.

NOT effected are phone calls and txt messaging. I think iMessage uses data.

You are correct, iMessage uses data

kevin smith 619

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
A cellular data on the iphone is a device that prevents your iphone from using other cellular data networks. The cellular icons can be seen on the screen, by this you can change its settings if you like....

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
A cellular data on the iphone is a device that prevents your iphone from using other cellular data networks. The cellular icons can be seen on the screen, by this you can change its settings if you like....
What Huh?? Can this be explained please by you? Thank you.

jaywill27

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I only have a little bit of data because at home and at work I have wifi so when I send a picture over iMessage what do I use? Data or wifi and when I send it to a galaxy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thejasonhowell

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I only have a little bit of data because at home and at work I have wifi so when I send a picture over iMessage what do I use? Data or wifi and when I send it to a galaxy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're on Wi-Fi iMessages will use it.

Picture messages to non iPhones use cellular data.

Sent from my T-Mobile iPhone 5c using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner