Notification on lockscreen w/o the screen turning on

rgm1266

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed that when I receive a alert, the notification will turn on my screen to let me know that I have a notification missed alert. I was wondering is there a way for the notification to show up on my lockscreen w/o it turning the screen on w/me being able to just press the home/power button and then dragging the bar down to see it? At night, when I get alerts, the screen wakes up my wife. (tired of hearing her mouth about it)!!!! lol Is there a setting that will allow me to pull down (in lockscreen mode) to see my alerts w/o the screen turning on?

Thanks

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
As far as I know for a notification to show the screen has to come on. If I'm understanding you correctly.
You can access notifications from the lock screen by going to settings>notifications> and Turing on access from lock screen.
You could also use the do not disturb feature then you could check any notifications manually in a sense from the lock screen.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I don't think there's a way to have lockscreen notifications without the screen waking up. Your best bet would be to put the notifications in notification center. It's just a swipe down from the lock screen.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Do not disturb mode is the best option, it will silence the notification and your screen won't light up when your phone is locked.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711