What would be your opinion of Apple changing the keyboard to lowercase letters?

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I would welcome the change. It doesn't drive me insane but it can be a nuisance.

I would like an option for those that don't so well with change.

RobertAdams313

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I agree it would be nice if Apple started implementing features like this but also keep the option to use the original keyboard if the user wanted. I think that would benefit Apple greatly to compete more with Android as that camp seems to like to beat the customization and ability to choose default apps horse to death as the advantage over iOS.

I love apple but when have they given us customization for anything? I mean the most customization we get is turning the white down and more contrast throughout the system and making font bigger/smaller. A lot of these jailbreak tweaks should be built in. Like the option of putting whatever you want in the control center.

Getting back on topic I've never tried it but it hasn't ever bothered me. I usually don't watch the keyboard when I type.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I love apple but when have they given us customization for anything? I mean the most customization we get is turning the white down and more contrast throughout the system and making font bigger/smaller. A lot of these jailbreak tweaks should be built in. Like the option of putting whatever you want in the control center.

Getting back on topic I've never tried it but it hasn't ever bothered me. I usually don't watch the keyboard when I type.

I wasn't saying they've given us customization. I was saying that's what the Android camp likes to hold over us as something that makes Android better 'hands down' which in my opinion customization gets boring after a while.

Apple should though start giving users the option to customize to a point.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.

RobertAdams313

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I wasn't saying they've given us customization. I was saying that's what the Android camp likes to hold over us as something that makes Android better 'hands down' which in my opinion customization gets boring after a while.

Apple should though start giving users the option to customize to a point.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.

My apologies. Yeah it does get boring which is why I switched over to iOS in the first place but like you said we should get customization to a point.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I'd definitely welcome this change. I haven't used an Android phone in almost 2 years but this is something that's a bit of an annoyance because I still end up making case mistakes, especially when typing passwords.

Bj007pro

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
I'd definitely welcome this change. I haven't used an Android phone in almost 2 years but this is something that's a bit of an annoyance because I still end up making case mistakes, especially when typing passwords.

Android is hard to use on Small-Screen Phones the Galaxy 4S is Good-Enough Screen to use it on :)

Last edited:

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
You cant miss something you havent had so the iOS keyboard is good enough if its all you have ever used on a mobile device.... and having said that, I really miss Swiftkey. Makes the iOS keyboard primitive IMO. Otherwise I really like iOS.

Bj007pro

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
You cant miss something you havent had so the iOS keyboard is good enough if its all you have ever used on a mobile device.... and having said that, I really miss Swiftkey. Makes the iOS keyboard primitive IMO. Otherwise I really like iOS.

Swiftkey, never heard of it, what is it?

Susan Filtrante

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
I have an iPhone 4 and prior to installing the 7.0.4 update, that's what my keyboard looked like ... lower case letters unless I pressed the Shift key. It's one of the more annoying of the "upgrades" with this install. Several things I absolutely hate about it ... and the changes to my keyboard are at the top of the list ! I see no reason to mess with things that are not broken and it really irritated me that the update dabbled in every single area of my phone and the appearance of every screen! So frustrated. Almost to the point of switching !

Susan Filtrante

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Have you updated to IOS 7.0.4? Mine was behaving exactly the way I wanted it ... shifting with the use of the shift key so I didn't have to look over at the shift key before I start typing ... with the update ... it's changed. For the worse, in my humble opinion. If I could unload that update, I would it in a heartbeat! So disappointed !

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
My Palm Treo smartphone had a physical keyboard, so I am used to a static keyboard. The iPhone virtual keyboard just mimics this in my mind and I have no problem. To each their own.

Not a big fan of Android OS, so I don't have a lot of experience with the idea of swapping keyboards. If I ever move to Android OS, I can only hope there is a static keyboard that doesn't switch back and forth from lower to upper. I find a static keyboard with upper way easier to type faster with.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2