Running iOS 7.0.4 and I'm now having issues with iMessages. Anyone else?

r5murphy

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
Hi All,
Just started having issues with iMessages when texting and it fails and I need to send as a regular message. Anyone
else have this issue and able to solve it. I've tried a few things but nothing as worked so far.

Thanks

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It happens on occasion, and it's probably a problem on Apple's end. You can try resetting your network settings. It's also possible that the recipient has disabled iMessages.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I have heard from someone today that for the last 2 years iMessage has worked just fine and they just updated to 7.0.4 and now it is sending from their iCloud acct and not their phone number. Have you ched all your settings by going to settings> messages> send and receive and see what is checked on how your iMessage is set up?

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Hasn't happened to me but one of my friends had an issue & her messages were sending from her iCloud address. She ended up resetting her phone and everything has been fine since then.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I have heard from someone today that for the last 2 years iMessage has worked just fine and they just updated to 7.0.4 and now it is sending from their iCloud acct and not their phone number. Have you ched all your settings by going to settings> messages> send and receive and see what is checked on how your iMessage is set up?

Happened to me and my sister in law today. One jb, one stock. Presume it was just a bug on Apple's end that set the display name incorrectly.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice