How to remove all bookmarks from Safari?

budmonster

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I accidentally imported all my bookmarks from Chrome into Safari how do I remove them all? I can only seem to delete the single sites one by one, I can't delete entire folders?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The easiest way is to go to Settings -> iCloud and then disable syncing of Safari. You will be asked what do you want to do with the synced data on your device. Simply select to delete it. Afterwards, there will be no bookmarks via your Safari browser app on the device.

philbert68

Aug 5, 2017
Visit site
Thank you!!! I'm an IT guy in the Windows world for 20+ years. I'm new to iOS stuff. I looked forever and couldn't figure that out!! Thanks a million!! It was driving me nuts that I could figure that out! ????????????

philbert68

Aug 5, 2017
Visit site
Thank you!!! I'm an IT guy in the Windows world for 20+ years. I'm new to iOS stuff. I looked forever and couldn't figure that out!! Thanks a million!! It was driving me nuts that I could figure that out!

kaiami

Dec 25, 2017
Visit site
I realize this is a very old post. I’m trying to clean up my Safari bookmarks and have tons from Firefox & Chrome. I don’t see this option that you mentioned (iOS 12).. Is there still a way to do this?

kaiami

Dec 25, 2017
Visit site
Or perhaps I’m just wanting to do something different. I don’t want to get rid of all my bookmarks, I just want to get rid of the Firefox & Chrome bookmarks in Safari. I’m trying to clean up my Safari bookmarks and these are making it a lot more difficult. Thank you.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Or perhaps I’m just wanting to do something different. I don’t want to get rid of all my bookmarks, I just want to get rid of the Firefox & Chrome bookmarks in Safari. I’m trying to clean up my Safari bookmarks and these are making it a lot more difficult. Thank you.

If they are in folders, you can tap edit in the bottom right corner to delete the folders. If not, you can only delete those one at a time. Safari can't delete those as a group, without deleting everything else.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR