Every time I plug either of my iThings into my computer at work, I get prompted by the iThing to trust or not trust the computer. The iThings are running iOS (7.0.4), and the computer is running WIn7 Enterprise SP1, iTunes is not installed nor can it be.

I'm plugging them in so I can run a photoframe slideshow and/or stream music from an online source without draining my batteries.

Is there any way to get the iThings to remember my choice and not prompt me every single frigging time?
    12-30-2013 09:50 PM
    I found this on Apple Discussion forums.
    "I was able to correct the "Trust this Computer" issue by disabling the iPhone device in the Windows Device Manager. Now when I connect my iPhone 5 to my Work PC, no "Trust this Computer" message and the iPhone still charges (even though it's disabled). Here's what I did to disable the device:

- Start > Devices and Printers
    - Right-click on iPhone
    - Hardware tab > Properties
    - Driver tab > Disable"
    nikkisharif and gordol like this.
    12-30-2013 11:22 PM
    "I was able to correct the "Trust this Computer" issue by disabling the iPhone device in the Windows Device Manager. Now when I connect my iPhone 5 to my Work PC, no "Trust this Computer" message and the iPhone still charges (even though it's disabled). Here's what I did to disable the device:

- Right-click on iPhone
    - Driver tab > Disable"
    This message pops up all the time on my work PCs. It never bothered me enough to research turning it off but its good to have the option. Thanks for the info, Charles!!!!
    12-30-2013 11:54 PM

- Right-click on iPhone
    - Driver tab > Disable"
    Good thing I have admin rights on my workstation, or that wouldn't have worked.
    12-31-2013 10:32 AM

- Right-click on iPhone
    - Driver tab > Disable"
    Actually, that failed. I'm no longer being prompted, but it's also no longer charging.
    12-31-2013 12:18 PM
    Actually, that failed. I'm no longer being prompted, but it's also no longer charging.
    Sorry to hear that. Maybe someone else will chime in with a solution.
    12-31-2013 01:41 PM
    Why not put everything back the way it was to start so you can charge. This warning does not have a check box that says or asks to 'Remember this" or something similar?
    If it does not which sounds like it does not, I would get use to it since you have found out when you do something to it, It does not work at all. Sometimes best toleave it alone.
    01-05-2014 04:38 PM
    I get this on my imac too.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    01-05-2014 04:41 PM
    Why not put everything back the way it was to start so you can charge.
    Which I did.
    This warning does not have a check box that says or asks to 'Remember this" or something similar?
    No.
    01-05-2014 06:27 PM
    Which I did.

No.
    Then rather to tell you something that is going to mess up your computer I would start getting use to it. The only other thing believe it or not is ask google and spell it out just what you want, I do it all the time and get results, You never know unless you try.
    01-06-2014 07:14 PM
    If your workplace allows it, could you use a power adapter + USB cable to charge your iDevices?
    01-06-2014 08:20 PM
    This is a security feature to prevent computers from automatically downloading content from your phone.

Simple fix in Windows:

1. Plug your phone into your computer.
    2. Open Control Panel
    3. If you are viewing by category, click on "Hardware and Sound", then "AutoPlay". If you are viewing by icon, just click "AutoPlay".
    4. Scroll down to the bottom and find your iPhone/iPad.
    5. In the dropdown select "Take no action".
    6. Click the Save button.

You will no longer get the pop-up, and your phone will still charge.
    04-03-2015 07:30 PM