Native message "disable airplane mode" message

edd

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
At work my cell signal sucks so I put my 4S in airplane mode to save power. Of course, I can't send SMS texts but iMessage works great because the wifi is active.

However, everytime I open the messaging app I get the following warning: "You must disable airplane mode to send or receive messages". Then, I clear the warning and I very successfully use iMessage.

Is there any way to set the phone so that I never get this annoying warning again?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I test it out and it only happened after I initially instituted Airplane mode. Once the Wi-Fi was detected, I was never prompted with that message again. Even after closing out the iMessage app and removing it from the recently used app list, I was never again prompted to disable Airplane mode.

edd

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious, if you have the Message app open and let the phone go dark, then press the home button and swipe the lockscreen away, do you see it everytime then? I do.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm curious, if you have the Message app open and let the phone go dark, then press the home button and swipe the lockscreen away, do you see it everytime then? I do.

Yes sir. The prompt to disable Airplane mode returns.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro