7.1 Beta 2 is out :)

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Put it this way: if you use OTA or use iTunes to restore or shift/option update the iOS device still has to activate with apple's servers.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod Touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Yup finally non developers can't use betas. But does not brick just dfu and installing 7.0.4
e3ebasyn.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

avmsam

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
one of my minor annoyances with iOS 7 was the colours of the top bar. let me explain. you know when you are on a call and then you hit the home button you see that bright neon green bar at the top of the screen letting you know that you are still on a call.. each app has their own colour but the one for calling was green. i always found it way too bright and "neony". are my eyes deceiving me or is the green a bit more pale and less assaulting on the eyes now ? also, i think this change is in this beta; correct me if i'm wrong.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
One can downgrade, yes... but one has to set up as a new device and can not restore from a 7.1 back-up... so I've heard... :)

Correct. Just restore with the last 7.0.4 backup. If device was backed up via iTunes, it will be there as 7.1 creates a new seperate back up.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
BUG: Reminder App

when scrolling to desired time(s) the number "wheel" is unresponsive. it is intermittent.

Submitted to Apple Bug Reporter 12-14-13 (iPhone 5)

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
anyone else getting the 'Restoring...' message while in ther Photo app? (at the bottom)

and it does not go away

Boobie12

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Correct. Just restore with the last 7.0.4 backup. If device was backed up via iTunes, it will be there as 7.1 creates a new seperate back up.

Actually you can use the 7.1 backup on 7.0.4. It's been posted somewhere. I'll try and find the link.
Actually here is the way. Credit to forum member on macrumors

This thread is for all the people that updated to ios 7.1 beta 2 and aren't devs and can't get iTunes to restore their backup onto ios 7.0.4. (This includes me )

1. Find the iTunes backup on your computer. ( on windows its located in C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup )

2. Find the backup you want to restore. (It should be the one that has the latest modified)

3. Download a free plist editor and go into the backup folder of the backup you wish to restore.

4. Find the info.plist and open it with plist editor.

5. Change the line "<key>Product Version</key>
<string>7.1</string>"
to
<key>Product Version</key>
<string>7.0.4</string>

6. Save the plist file and do the same with the status.plist file

7. successfully restore the ios 7.1 backup to a device running ios 7.0.4

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members