Slow Facebook app?

unity04

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
On the 5S when I load Facebook for the first time while not in background memory it takes about 4 seconds for the app to load up compared to say Instagram or Twitter. Has it always been this slow on initial loading?

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
On the 5S when I load Facebook for the first time while not in background memory it takes about 4 seconds for the app to load up compared to say Instagram or Twitter. Has it always been this slow on initial loading?

It's always been one of the slower apps

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Facebook is terrible. Then they change things and it makes it worse then it was previously.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I've never had a problem with the Facebook app, I just don't like the new "auto play videos" in the newest update.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod Touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

jasonprice

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
The Facebook app just plain sucks. It's always been slow, and I hate the fact that I can't set the app to start at "recent" rather than news feed.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
The Facebook app just plain sucks. It's always been slow, and I hate the fact that I can't set the app to start at "recent" rather than news feed.

Amen! Probably the most annoying thing about the app.....other than the slowness.....and not always getting notifications, etc., etc., etc...

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
The Facebook app has always been hit or miss for me. I haven't updated to the newest release because I don't want videos playing automatically in my news feed.

Other than that, I have noticed that since the iOS7 update I have to log back in every couple of days. It says "Session Expired"; I have never had that happen before.

I also don't like how the news feed is not chronological. Scrolling down, I will see things that happened 5 minutes ago, followed by something from 2 days ago, followed by something that happened "just now".

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
The Facebook app has always been hit or miss for me. I haven't updated to the newest release because I don't want videos playing automatically in my news feed.

Other than that, I have noticed that since the iOS7 update I have to log back in every couple of days. It says "Session Expired"; I have never had that happen before.

I also don't like how the news feed is not chronological. Scrolling down, I will see things that happened 5 minutes ago, followed by something from 2 days ago, followed by something that happened "just now".

Which begs the question.....how can a company with as much money as Facebook have such a crappy iOS app?

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Which begs the question.....how can a company with as much money as Facebook have such a crappy iOS app?

I hate to do this with a penguins fan...but I agree! Haha...just messing around. Off topic: I like the new stadium series jerseys better than their current roads, but ditch the "vegas gold" already!! Bring back the Super Mario yellow/gold and black!

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I hate to do this with a penguins fan...but I agree! Haha...just messing around. Off topic: I like the new stadium series jerseys better than their current roads, but ditch the "vegas gold" already!! Bring back the Super Mario yellow/gold and black!

Not to hijack the thread, but I don't care for the yellow/black jerseys. Too much like the Bruins, IMO.

Anyway, the FB app is just so bad. Instead of adding stupid features like playing videos, maybe they should fix what's been broken for years?

jphillips1963

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Its not just on iOS its just as bad in android as well. Facebook has gotten to point its almost useless with all there added features and suggestions.

sent from RAZR Maxx HD using Tapatalk Pro

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal